Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Rawze's Technical Documents (/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself (/showthread.php?tid=27)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Johnny_bots - 05-17-2019

I should clarify. 1 turbo and Dpf replaced under warranty through Cummins. 1 was legit shot. 1 replaced due to fire (insurance claim) there wasnt a forth. I was getting ahead of myself cause "Tuners" said I needed a non vgt turbs.

Yes I would love for you to take a look. FYI our fleet is mostly comprised of 3406's and big cams, so I'm not super knowledgeable about how to use cummins insite, or calterm so if you could give me a crash course in extraction of the file, or even team view with me that would be really badass either way. Thank you.

RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - MikeRomeoISX - 07-27-2019

{**Content removed. Out of date, incorrect, or mis-guided information.**}

RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Dontaistorm - 08-15-2019

caltrem 4 is not recognizing my ecfg files , i need to download new ones for a cm871, can anyone send them?

RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Hammerhead - 08-16-2019

(08-15-2019 )Dontaistorm Wrote:  caltrem 4 is not recognizing my e@#fg files , i need to download new ones for a cm871, can anyone send them?

This is NOT a file sharing site, and may result in being banned for such activity.

Advice on Engine Brake/CC - jmand1800 - 09-10-2019

{flase statement removed} the truck I originally built the file from was a manual transmission and this one is a auto. the truck with the auto performs perfect but I cannot get the CC or engine brake to work. I changed the settings to Auto and enable engine brake in INSITE but still no success. Any advice?

RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Rawze - 09-10-2019

(09-10-2019 )jmand1800 Wrote:  {flase statement removed} the truck I originally built the file from was a manual transmission and this one is a auto. the truck with the auto performs perfect but I cannot get the CC or engine brake to work. I changed the settings to Auto and enable engine brake in INSITE but still no success. Any advice?

There are no records of anyone on this forum "giving you advice on how to delete you engine" public, private or otherwise ... You need to NOT start bulls$itting on my forum with false statements like that .. you will get kicked off here real fast for inaccurate garbage!!!.

NEXT: THIS IS NOT A TUNING FORUM! . IT IS A FORUM FOR TRUCK OWNERS AND THEIR TRUCKS!!! -- IF YOU HAVE PRIVATELY (OUTSIDE OF THIS FOURM) GOTTEN WITH SOMEONE AND THEY GAVE YOU INCOMPLETE/INACURATE ADVICE -- THEN I WOULD SUGGEST YOU TAKE IT UP WITH THEM!!!.

If your seeking help, generalized advice on proper programming practices, I have no issue with it. I help a lot of people who want to better understand the ISX, but I do not get involved with other model enbgines ... You should contact Unilevers or mommaburt if your discussing anything but an ISX and see how willing they are to help you if you like in private chat, or through my mumble voice server.

if it was not one of those 2 people you got advice from .. then it was not someone from this forum that is offcicially recommended.

=========================

To answer your question...

It sounds exactly to me like you did not make an ECM template with Insite before starting the process. - If you have, then restore that template ... Cruise control, engine brake and other settings for a specific truck is handled in Insite very well. What likely happened is that someone flashed the engine with Insite with a program and did not make an "ecm template" backup of the features and paramaters, but only relying on the buggy "backup/restore? checkbox instead,.. this is a mistake that will cause excty what you describe. Hopefully, you also made a complete backup in CT as well efore starting the project, that can be used to find what setting(s) may have gotten lost via comparisons of the original (untouched file) and the final result.

RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Rawze - 09-10-2019

(08-15-2019 )Dontaistorm Wrote:  caltrem 4 is not recognizing my e@#fg files , i need to download new ones for a cm871, can anyone send them?

As stated, this is not a software trading site... but I will partially answer this for you, seems you have no clue what you need ...

CT4.x+ WAS DESIGNED FOR ENCRYPTED ENGINES!... A CM871 (or any other ISX including the X15) is NOT an encrypted engine.

CT3.x (v3.17 (3.17 is the 2017 / latest version still showing on red makers wwwsite) is for use non-encrypted engine's newer than 2004 (ISX and others).

CT2.x (ctX v2.1 is latest version still showing on red makers wwwsite) is for pre 2004 engines.

And the latest 4.x is a basically a waste of time, has features and convoluted menu's that get in your way all the time if your not working with encrypted engines.

RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - jmand1800 - 09-10-2019

Thanks, made a back up in CT but not insite. I will use that to try and figure out where I went wrong. Thanks

RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself - Misterj313 - 09-17-2019

I've been looking around for advice on Volvo engines and haven't been able to find much. My volvo is throwing mid 128 sid 266 fmi 5. Which I gather is EGR valve #2 motor. It comes up as an electrical fault, and only happens periodically when I start my engine. The engine also seems to run pretty hot, and has trouble cooling with the fan. I found the egr valves for $150 a piece, and the cooler for $800. Will probably just grab the one valve, but I'm looking for someone I can talk to about helping my system run cooler if possible. I have a 06 volvo vnl 670 d12. Appreciate any help, thanks.