Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Update: New TIRES! Dayton D610D - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: The Bragging Channel... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=78)
+--- Thread: Update: New TIRES! Dayton D610D (/showthread.php?tid=6266)

Pages: 1 2 3

Update: New TIRES! Dayton D610D - Waterloo - 06-11-2020

Got a new job... Needed tires, those junk tires are gone! I picked up a set of Daytons (Bridgestone), D610D, nice tread and smart way eco whatever... $2800 out the door from my local TA... https://simpletire.com/dayton-295-75r22.5-3308-tires?stmodel=d610d&stcategory=other&sttype=commercial&utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=shopping_feed&utm_content=surfaces_across_google&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=G_Search_NB_TireModel&utm_content=Profit-Bucket_Commercial_HighProfit_RAD&utm_term=&utm_creative=383435609243&gclid=Cj0KCQjwrIf3BRD1ARIsAMuugNtiubuX__O78_w37iM4ydMwSNMpPyFCp1HtR3sw3DKMgxvAF4​HCiCMaAraDEALw_wcB

[attachment=6643]

And they match my Dayton training wheels!

[attachment=6645]

[attachment=6646]

RE: New TIRES! - marek4792 - 06-11-2020

Awesome you working the truck again I'm assuming?

RE: New TIRES! - Waterloo - 06-11-2020

(06-11-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Awesome you working the truck again I'm assuming?

Yep, received an email on Thursday of last week from an outfit I was once leased to, local work, 8 hours a day, M-F, $2000+ net to the truck a week after expenses. Auto parts, drop and hook on one end, live unload reload on the other. Pretty hard to pass that up. Supposed to start Monday, already signed the contract.

RE: New TIRES! - marek4792 - 06-11-2020

That's good considering the market seems to be getting better by the week despite how chaotic the world seems to be getting, I actually bought a 2014 great dane reefer for 25k with a carrier 7500a only with 12000 engine hours pretty hard to pass that up, put 8 new Bridgestone R197 tires on it today for $2200 from my boss. Hopefully it gets better for you this time around, we all need some good luck every now and then.

RE: New TIRES! - snailexpress - 06-11-2020

Wish you luck loo.

RE: New TIRES! - Waterloo - 06-12-2020

(06-11-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  That's good considering the market seems to be getting better by the week despite how chaotic the world seems to be getting, I actually bought a 2014 great dane reefer for 25k with a carrier 7500a only with 12000 engine hours pretty hard to pass that up, put 8 new Bridgestone R197 tires on it today for $2200 from my boss. Hopefully it gets better for you this time around, we all need some good luck every now and then.

I saw that new trailer, NICE!

And thanks! These new tires really make me feel good, like that first beer... Purchasing these tires was a lot of weight off of my shoulders.

I signed on with Circle Logistics out of Fort Wayne IN, who I used to work for in the past hauling Ford vans out of Kansas City, great money on the front end, but not enough to justify the empty return. So I went elsewhere...

Luckily, my "Unenjoyment" monies finally came through from the State of Michigan, literally ten days ago... Got one big check, no job, everything here in Michigan is still in the early stages of opening, been brutal here, it is criminal what the governor has done to us.

I was going to buy a used car, as the lease is up on the Chevy, and find a local job, sell the big truck, blah, blah, blah... That was not going to work, I need to be in the truck, MY TRUCK.

This job came along, and I was sitting on that unemployment money not knowing what to do, I am paying the bare essentials, cell phone, beer, utilities, hot dogs, etc., the rest can wait. My world is upside down... As it is for many here.

And YES, rates are slowly coming up. I put another application in with Landstar just in case this Circle job blows up. Last night I spoke with one of their gals out of the Rockford IL office, and she shot me a copy of the rates from last nights load board...

They looked ok, nothing to write home about, but I could see the rates within 200 miles of Detroit were up, and they did have freight. She told me dry van is averaging $1.73 a mile to the truck with the fuel surcharge.

This run I am starting next week is paying $1.59 a mile to the truck, all miles, dock to dock, with no deadhead and it goes right by my house, no out of route miles to speak of, which is money in the bank. With these new tires, and I did throw a set of new pads and drums on the steer axle, I should be OK for quite awhile as far as repairs. My per mile operating costs should be right around .52 a mile if my math is correct, including fees from Circle, which should net me over a dollar a mile clear to my bank account.

I'll say a prayer for both of us! Hell, for all of us!

RE: New TIRES! - tree98 - 06-12-2020

I've run those Dayton D610D's and had good luck with them.

RE: New TIRES! - Waterloo - 06-12-2020

(06-12-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  I've run those Dayton D610D's and had good luck with them.

Good, I was hoping to hear just that. They look good, ride good too and maybe that Smartway branding will actually save me a bit in fuel usage. Look like they will do good in the snow too.

RE: New TIRES! - Lonestar10 - 06-12-2020

I put some new bfg dr454s on the new truck as it had recaps and this was first week out with it and this little 450/1750 ST did better than the Lonestar in every aspect.