Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Things that may help others... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=46)
+--- Thread: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER (/showthread.php?tid=6460)

NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER - cdfurst - 08-04-2020

I have a 2010 CM871 650HP with 83k on the odometer (yep it's a motor coach), demanned, I've only put 20k on it since purchase and only 3k on the deman. When I bought it, first thing I noticed was the Filter Minder was in the red, so first thing I did was replace the air filter. With a brand new filter, it still jumped into the red. I replaced the filter again, SAME THING. Is this 650 beast sucking so much air it doesn't have enough filter surface. Did a little research and as far I can tell I have the largest filter available. Anyone else having this problem? I think at this point, I'm looking at adding another filter to the mix. Gonna be tough tho, not much space in there.

RE: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER - tree98 - 08-04-2020

I wouldn't put much faith in that filter gauge your talking about. Does the engine smoke a lot? That would be a sign it's not getting enough air. Who de mandated it for you?

RE: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER - cdfurst - 08-04-2020

No smoke at all. I did it myself, but this was goin on way before the demann. I just ordered a new Filter Minder too

RE: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER - tree98 - 08-04-2020

How did you do it yourself? Did you use @m*m^2 ?

RE: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER - Rawze - 08-04-2020

he needs to pull a copy of the program out of it and have it looked at ... e-mail it to me for a proper review ... to ensure it is safe for the engine ... especially in an RV application where those engines tend to run slightly hotter due to confined spaces.

RE: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER - Mattman - 08-04-2020

Like said if the filter isn't dirty I wouldn't replace it. Do the old knock it on the ground and see what falls out test. Would think a motorhome would breathe clean air for the most part.

RE: NOT ENOUGH AIR FILTER - Moose - 08-10-2020

Can you tell us what filter or housing you're putting on? Maybe incorrect part application?