Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn (/showthread.php?tid=7448)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Redland1 - 07-22-2021

I got bubbles on the last three cylinders.Have to bat it over to find which one is bad.Where would be the best place to buy the injector?

RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Redland1 - 07-22-2021

Here’s is the last 3 while the engine cranks over. https://imgur.com/a/A9d2yxy
I barred the motor 4 times and couldn’t replicate the bubbles.

RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Nilao - 07-22-2021

Put a smaller diameter pipe into the hose. Will take less pressure to show bubbles that way.

RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Rawze - 07-22-2021

Turn it over an extra bit and get it bubbling real good... jump out, throw a wrench on it, and start turning engine by hand fairly quickly as soon as you jump out ... sometimes that is what it takes to find it that way.

re - JimT - 07-22-2021

The crackpot legal team here at Rawze.com would like to remind you to always exit your vehicle safely by facing the cab and maintaining 3 points of contact as you slowly descend the steps. Please, never "jump out" of your vehicle!

Thank you, and stay safe!

This message brought to you by a group of safety minions.
[attachment=7974]

RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Rawze - 07-22-2021

(07-22-2021 )JimT Wrote:  The crackpot legal team here at Rawze.com would like to remind you to always exit your vehicle safely by facing the cab and maintaining 3 points of contact as you slowly descend the steps. Please, never "jump out" of your vehicle!

One night I was getting out of the cab after being asleep for several hours .. woke up and had to pee real bad. I got out and my right foot slipped off the top step... severely scraping the entire front of my shin/leg from the ankle all the way up to to the knee .. was bleeding quite a lot ... I was in utter sheer agony... limping like a frigging zombie across the parking lot and moaning badly .. all the way into the truck stop and into the bathrooms. - It was not fun and I will never forget it.

- such is the life of a trucker.

got up on the catwalk one afternoon to secure a spare trailer tire that i was taking to a drop-yard for the company I was leased onto after having one of their trailer tires replaced.

I don't know what got into me... stupidity i guess... but I somehow stepped backward one too many steps right off the top of the cat-walk backwards towards the pavement. In mid air, I had to take a split second decision... land on my hip (which would likely break), or try to break the fall with my left arm... needles to say, I took the lesser of the 2 evils and broke my wrist in 3 places.

- I kept driving for a few days out of sheer stubbornness like that until it got so bad, I had to do something about it. I took some home time and when I got home, I went to a medical supply house and bought the stuff to make a proper cast. After getting back home, I told my wife to hold my hand against the corner of a wall with all her might and don't let it go. =- I yanked that damn wrist and bones back into place ... goddamnn.. it hurt, but I knew it needed to be done.

(my wife said yeah.. Rawze is one tough S.O.B).

After that, I made the cast, took another week off, and then drove the next 2 months with the cast on. This was the third time in my lifetime that I had broken that wrist or left arm.

- Such is the life of a trucker.

RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Redland1 - 07-23-2021

(07-22-2021 )JimT Wrote:  The crackpot legal team here at Rawze.com would like to remind you to always exit your vehicle safely by facing the cab and maintaining 3 points of contact as you slowly descend the steps. Please, never "jump out" of your vehicle!

LMAO.That reminds me of a hydrovac company I use to work for that was super safety about everything we did.

RE: Cm870 starts then shuts off,starts back up with a puff off white smoke and stays runn - Redland1 - 07-23-2021

Going to try finding the leaking injector today and also want to pressurize the fuel tank to see if I have a leak somewhere.What is the proper procedure for pressuring one up?