Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Zero pressure cooling system - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Zero pressure cooling system (/showthread.php?tid=7676)

Zero pressure cooling system - Smiling lemon - 08-30-2021

Cm2350
Demandated
613k miles
W900
New air compressor
EGR cooler exhaust gas pathway welded shut

I have been pushing coolant out for a little while now and put a catch on the overflow valve nipple. I put a pressure gauge in the cooling system to watch pressure(generally did not exceed 8psi) if I was climbing a steep grade and locked the engine fan to ON, the pressure would stay the same regardless of boost pressure. If I let it rise up to 210 the pressure would hit 15 and the valve would open. I have also had higher oil temperatures since chasing this coolant pushing out issue.

Today I decided to go to a zero pressure system and oddly enough my oil temperature dropped by 10 degrees and my coolant temperature seems to rise slower on the grades that before I was turning my engine fan on for. There truck seems to run at coolant temperatures similar to when I bought it pull is still higher. Oil was running about 240 and now around 230.

I was having overheating before but it could have been superficial feeling do to my previous experience being a company driver and having smaller radiators(I have no statistics or measurement)

I was told with a blown head or any of the such you will be stuck in boiling temperatures and your cooling system pressure will follow boost pressure.

RE: Zero pressure cooling system - Rawze - 08-30-2021

ITS CALLED AN OVERHAUL!.

You keep driving that thing with head gasket issues AND YOU WILL ETCH THE TOP OF THE BLOCK AND RUIN THE ENTIRE ENGINE!

RE: Zero pressure cooling system - Smiling lemon - 08-30-2021

I figured that much but as far as driving it goes I don't have much of a choice. Haggai is supposed to call me back tomorrow to tell me when they can do a diagnostic and said they won't be able to overhaul till October.