Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Broken EGR cooler - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Broken EGR cooler (/showthread.php?tid=8455)

Broken EGR cooler - Hemiterry - 09-21-2022

After smelling exhaust in my cab I searched around and discovered my EGR cooler is broken where the clamp for the bellows is. My engine is not de-mandated and I’m wondering if I can just leave it this way or block it off somehow. I’ve also recently noticed a loss in power when loaded on hills. Could this be part of that problem?

RE: Broken EGR cooler - Bengy88 - 09-21-2022

You can’t leave it that way, you can repair it or demandate it and block it off. Well I guess you can leave it that way but you won’t like the outcome

RE: Broken EGR cooler - Hemiterry - 09-21-2022

If I block it off do I have to have the engine re-tuned ?

RE: Broken EGR cooler - Rawze - 09-21-2022

(09-21-2022 )Hemiterry Wrote:  If I block it off do I have to have the engine re-tuned ?

first and foremost, if you block it off.. the YES... the engine needs a proper de-mandate program made for it.

your other option IS TO FIX IT AND STOP TRYING TO NICKEL AND DIME A $40,000 COMMERCIAL ENGINE!!!... THAT IS A PISS POOR WAY TO DO THINGS TO DRIVE IT AROUND LIKE THAT WITH IT BROKEN.. AND IT IS NOT ONLY EXTREMELY DANGEROUS FOR YOU.... BUT FOR THE MOTORI9NG PUBLIC AND A LAWSUIT FOR A FEW MILLIONS WHEN YOU FALL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL FROM CARBON-MONIXED POISONING AND YOU SLAM INTO A CHURCH BUSS FULL OF KIDS!.