Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more
Causes of excess blowby - Printable Version

+- Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more (http://rawze.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Big Truck Technical Discussion... (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: ISX Related Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Thread: Causes of excess blowby (/showthread.php?tid=8480)

Causes of excess blowby - Badger - 10-05-2022

cm870-
ive had this truck since 850k miles, now has 1.4mil .
Has had 2 set of pistons/liners put in since i bought it, and it has always had quite a bit of blowby. can a wore out air compressor create blowby ? i dont even pay attention to it anymore but after holding the steering wheel all day today i just started thinking about it...

and i made one of them test tube things like in the manual for checking blowby pressure, and mine was always worse than they say is "acceptable"

RE: Causes of excess blowby - hhow55 - 10-05-2022

In quickserve you will find in sympton search under High Blowby info that should be of help.

RE: Causes of excess blowby - Signature620 - 10-06-2022

Air compressor, turbo, valve stem seals or cylinder issues are all possible causes.

RE: Causes of excess blowby - Rawze - 10-06-2022

(10-05-2022 )Badger Wrote:  cm870-
ive had this truck since 850k miles, now has 1.4mil .
Has had 2 set of pistons/liners put in since i bought it

What I would like to know is why it has had 2 sets of pistons and liners in only 550k miles?. Something does not sound right at all if that is the case.. and was all OEM parts used?// was a new head used?... were the liners raised to 0.015"?... and did anyone double-ensure that the rings were all set correctly (180-degrees away from each other properly) as the pistons went in?..

those are the things that come to mind when I read your post.

RE: Causes of excess blowby - Bengy88 - 10-06-2022

What the guys above said.... and does this truck happen to have a hot file in it?