EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
02-19-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
RE: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself
(02-19-2018 )gunner Wrote:  Recently purchased a 2010 KW T660 ISX CM871 13sp. was told at purchase full mandate delete. Run apprx. 4000 miles. Turbo leaking into intake. pressure at 40lbs on pull, bit of rough idle. After reading your post I believe I have a bad tune. Any help would be greatly appreaciated as I don't want to spend good money after bad. Just want a good reliable motor.

Well, at least you have the 871. If you have not got an in line reader, one from eBay is fine, Inline 5 or 6 from China is what most of us use here. If you can get that set up, and post the findings here in regards to the programing on that motor of yours that would be a good first step. Or, get it down to Mr Hag in GA.

Haggai Automotive and Diesel
1228 High Falls Rd (630.68 mi)
Griffin, Georgia 30223
(678) 688-8107

One thing too, what did they do? Is your OEM turbo still on there? Did they gut the cans? How about on the intake side, any work done over there on the Venturi? EGR still there, or was it plated? How about the EGR cooler? Did they mess with that? And I am sure you have no idea what CPL file they are running in there so I won't ask. More than likely not the one for your truck.

Get in contact with one of those guys above, hopefully there has not been any long term damage to the motor.

I would also, like right now, get a Pyrometer on that motor to see what the exhaust gas temps are like. We normally place the probe on the exhaust manifold, by the #5 cylinder I believe, it has been awhile. There are photos and I believe a video in the link at the top of the page on proper Pyrometer install.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
03-08-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Does anyone know if there's someone in Canada in Toronto that can do the demandate @m*m^2 for a 2012 isx western star? I have a friend who asked me...

Thanks

User's Signature: 2010 Freightliner Cascadia 10spd ISX 871 450HP
replyreply
03-09-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(03-08-2018 )BlueTurbo Wrote:  Does anyone know if there's someone in Canada in Toronto that can do the demandate @m*m^2 for a 2012 isx western star? I have a friend who asked me...

Thanks

If it is not someone highly recommended by this forum, then I would not trust them at all. Too much bad vs good out there any more.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-09-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(03-08-2018 )BlueTurbo Wrote:  Does anyone know if there's someone in Canada in Toronto that can do the demandate @m*m^2 for a 2012 isx western star? I have a friend who asked me...

Thanks

There is someone in Canada that can do a phenomenal job with the programming. All you have to do is get any shop to do the mechanical aspect as per Thier instructions.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BlueTurbo
03-11-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(03-09-2018 )Brock Wrote:  

Thanks

There is someone in Canada that can do a phenomenal job with the programming. All you have to do is get any shop to do the mechanical aspect as per Thier instructions.

Can you pm me the shop information please? My friend he's a mechanic so he can do the mechanical hardware part.

Thank you

User's Signature: 2010 Freightliner Cascadia 10spd ISX 871 450HP
replyreply
03-21-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
good day can some one pls pm me with the ecfg file
I do have isx 871 500hp
replyreply
03-23-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
Hi All, First Posting.

I read this posting with great interest, and enjoyed all of it, the positives and negatives.

I agree whole heatedly with Rawze.

As a mechanic, I would also add more frequent oil and filter changes to help lower the rubbish content that get circulated in the combustion process.

I currently am driving a 2017 Mercedes MP4 Actros Euro 6 ( Add Blue ) Inline 6, 510hp.
I am blown away by the service schedule Daimler, Chrysler have allocated this truck.
At 40,000k, Check the lights are working ( Saftey Check )
At 80,000k, change the oil and filters.

My personal oil changes on my Cars ( Petrol and Diesel ) are at 5,000k or 6 months.
When I get my Truck, it will be every 20,000k. ( As I can change it myself )
And the cost will only be around $250 AUD.
Diesel in Australia is $1.38 per LITRE. ( Around $5 per gallon ! )
On average, and Aussie truck gets 1.7 > 2.5 Kilometres per Litre.
Pulling B-Doubles the lowest.

Oil never wears out, it just gets dirty.
The thicker it gets with rubbish, the harder it is for the crankshaft to slice through it on EACH rotation ( Like dragging a stick through the water from the bank, the faster you go, the more drag it has ) This cost in HP and Fuel. Also adding the rubbish to the cylinder wall on each stroke of the piston.

Well thats my 2 cents :)
replyreply
03-23-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(03-23-2018 )iHaul Wrote:  Hi All, First Posting.

I read this posting with great interest, and enjoyed all of it, the positives and negatives.

As a mechanic, I would also add more frequent oil and filter changes to help lower the rubbish content that get circulated in the combustion process.

I currently am driving a 2017 Mercedes MP4 Actros Euro 6 ( Add Blue ) Inline 6, 510hp.
I am blown away by the service schedule Daimler, Chrysler have allocated this truck.

My personal oil changes on my Cars ( Petrol and Diesel ) are at 5,000k or 6 months.

The thicker it gets with rubbish, the harder it is for the crankshaft to slice through it on EACH rotation ( Like dragging a stick through the water from the bank, the faster you go, the more drag it has ) This cost in HP and Fuel. Also adding the rubbish to the cylinder wall on each stroke of the piston.

At the bottom of this post, I describe my recommendations to others on oil change intervals...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-24-2018, (Subject: EGR Delete Info -- Educate yourself ) 
(03-23-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-23-2018 )iHaul Wrote:  Hi All, First Posting.

At the bottom of this post, I describe my recommendations to others on oil change intervals...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...617#pid617

Your on the money mate :)
I try to inform all my car owner customers of the potential damage, and the savings they can gain.
I also educate them on tire pressures as well.

Engine seals go hard from lack of oil changes, which in turn wears grooves in crankshafts / camshafts.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.