DD15 LOSS OF POWER. INJECTORS or BAD DPF DELETE???
10-26-2019, (Subject: DD15 LOSS OF POWER. INJECTORS or BAD DPF DELETE??? ) 
RE: DD15 LOSS OF POWER. INJECTORS or BAD DPF DELETE???
If the guy demandated the DPF, did he remove / hollow out the DOC ?
The DOC face would have plugged from the bad injectors and the high temperatures causing restricted exhaust.
replyreply
If I were you I would take off the exhaust pipe right after the turbo or pipe coming to the onebox(filters) and test drive it without the pipe that will take care off the restriction issue if you have one. Also make sure your egr pipe is blocked off. I heard that the egr may be stock open when you demandate the system. Try it and let us know
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Man I am with Unilevers! Never try and fix a sick truck with a tune!

If you swapped the tune and still no change, your engine is sick.

If you have no boost leaks, check your fuel pressure, also as stated by others you can check for exhaust restriction.

Do you have a boost guage and a pyro? What boost and what exhaust temps are you getting driving down the road or pulling hills?

Also, if your injectors were over fueling then your exhaust temps were probably so high that it cooked your turbo. Maybe the turbo isnt activating properly.

You need someone who knows what the Fu$# they are doing.

Case and point. I had a mechanic rebuild my engine, it ran like crap, mechanic messed with it for a week trying to figure it out, all the while I wasn't able to work..... he was about to tear the motor down again when I said FU$# this!!!

I went and saw Unilevers, drove it down there misfiring and all, within 15 minutes he found a couple plug were plugged into the wrong spot and I was off to the races..... proper mechanic skills with proper mechanic tools.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , redbeard
Let's keep this going, I feel like ranting!

Same retarded mechanic.... truck misfiring and running rough, told me to buy 6 injectors, didnt fix problem so he yelled at me for buying chinese crap instead of Cat injectors, over the course of the next week (down days the whole time) I bought 3 Cat injectors and multiple IVA solenoids and a injector harness and lord knows what else. I finally got mad and decided to spend the money on a dyno run at a proper shop and the found bad fuel pressure under load. That mechanic tested fuel pressure at idle many times he said but the fuel pump had 0 vacuum when they bench tested it.

That shop solved my issue in 1 day opposed to the 10 days I was down with the retard!

$1500 cad lost revenue x 10 days
$5000 reman injectors
$3500 Cat injectors

You can see where I'm going here.

Same truck when he rebuilt it (before it went to Unilevers) he didnt cut the counter bores even though he had a blank cheque to do absolutely everything! My peterbilts sat for the last year rotting away because of that idiot and I am finally ready to rebuild it again. It almost bankrupt me!

The same idiot told me he could quickly rebuild my auto shift quicker and cheaper than any other shop, he tore the tranny apart, I bought all brand new everything then it say in the back of his shop for 4 months while he was busy doing small jobs every day and I made my massive truck payment and lost revenue.

Only mechanic within 160km which is why we kept going there, finally realized it was cheaper to pay the tow Bill's elsewhere.

The moral of this unfortunate story is this...... a bad mechanic can bankrupt you, but not as fast as being cheap and cutting corners.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , redbeard
(10-26-2019 )Brock Wrote:  Let's keep this going, I feel like ranting!

Same retarded mechanic.... truck misfiring and running rough, told me to buy 6 injectors, didnt fix problem so he yelled at me for buying chinese crap instead of Cat injectors, over the course of the next week (down days the whole time) I bought 3 Cat injectors and multiple IVA solenoids and a injector harness and lord knows what else. I finally got mad and decided to spend the money on a dyno run at a proper shop and the found bad fuel pressure under load. That mechanic tested fuel pressure at idle many times he said but the fuel pump had 0 vacuum when they bench tested it.

That shop solved my issue in 1 day opposed to the 10 days I was down with the retard!

$1500 cad lost revenue x 10 days
$5000 reman injectors
$3500 Cat injectors

You can see where I'm going here.

Same truck when he rebuilt it (before it went to Unilevers) he didnt cut the counter bores even though he had a blank cheque to do absolutely everything! My peterbilts sat for the last year rotting away because of that idiot and I am finally ready to rebuild it again. It almost bankrupt me!

The same idiot told me he could quickly rebuild my auto shift quicker and cheaper than any other shop, he tore the tranny apart, I bought all brand new everything then it say in the back of his shop for 4 months while he was busy doing small jobs every day and I made my massive truck payment and lost revenue.

Only mechanic within 160km which is why we kept going there, finally realized it was cheaper to pay the tow Bill's elsewhere.

The moral of this unfortunate story is this...... a bad mechanic can bankrupt you, but not as fast as being cheap and cutting corners.

Hmm. I agree with you about stupid mechanics who dont know what they are doing sometimes.

i dont have any boost and what exhaust gauges to seee temps when getting driving down the road or pulling hills.
However, the ceramic in Doc box was removed. also the EGR is welded well.

Now I'm thinking to do Dyno testing, but i dont know where yet. What can they see when they do dyno testing? can they identify the problem? how does it work? Could you recommend some good guys with dyno testing?

thank you.
replyreply
(10-26-2019 )uncleal13 Wrote:  If the guy demandated the DPF, did he remove / hollow out the DOC ?
The DOC face would have plugged from the bad injectors and the high temperatures causing restricted exhaust.

They removed the ceramic filter in DOC.
replyreply
(10-26-2019 )AAA Wrote:  
(10-25-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Drop the can, and post some pics. It's probably all plugged up.

What Can? are you talking about Dpf filter to see DOC BOX?

The can is the doc and dpf filter.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(10-26-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(10-26-2019 )AAA Wrote:  
(10-25-2019 )hhow55 Wrote:  Drop the can, and post some pics. It's probably all plugged up.

What Can? are you talking about Dpf filter to see DOC BOX?

The can is the doc and dpf filter.
The ceramic filter was demandated and in DPF and Doc box too.
replyreply
05-03-2021, (Subject: DD15 LOSS OF POWER. INJECTORS or BAD DPF DELETE??? ) 
Has this problem been resolved, I'm having the same issue and wanted to see if you found a solution? Thank you
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.