ecm tune egr dpf intact
04-03-2021, (Subject: ecm tune egr dpf intact ) 
RE: ecm tune egr dpf intact
ok,i will find a way to print. again thank you
replyreply
by inline 6 are you talking protocol j1939 to usb port with an isx cm871 program?
replyreply
(04-03-2021 )gearratio Wrote:  by inline 6 are you talking protocol j1939 to usb port with an isx cm871 program?

Here are the kits most all of us use here. I bought mine from China back in 2013, it is still working just fine. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Inline-6-USB-Da...SwG4Be7xPe

You have a good motor, take care of it, EGR tuneups and keep the cans fresh, it is easy to get up to 9 mpg with that motor if you drive the truck correctly like others have stated. Keep your foot out of it and drive via the turbo boost gauge. The lower the turbo boost the better MPG you will find yourself getting. And NEVER lug that motor! Keep the RPMs up over 1500 when under a load. I drive my truck up at around that 1800 RPM all day long in high seven, mine is a pig, but if I keep my foot out of it, and I can get close to 7 mpg with a dry van with my mid roof ProStar. Your Freightliner, 8+ MPG should be easily obtainable, even 10 mpg if you go easy.

Oh, lugging the motor, you do that, run it under 1500 RPM and you are risking breaking a liner loose, do that and you are looking at an in frame, roughly $30,000. DO NOT LUG THE MOTOR!

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
thanks i'm dealing with a cylinder issue now.i'm going to look at this and buy
replyreply
kit won't ship to canada,i will find a way.i'll talk to our mechanic who has one
replyreply
Look on your Canadian eBay site, I am sure they are there.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gearratio
(04-03-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Look on your Canadian eBay site, I am sure they are there.
will do,thanks for your help

thank you for your help,i have a u.s. address and setup a paypal account i was able to order the ecm reader,(i'm not tuning)
replyreply
04-04-2021, (Subject: ecm tune egr dpf intact ) 
I’m not trying to hijack the thread, but reading on this 1500 rpm deal. My truck runs around 68 mph at 1500 rpm in 10th gear. I’m running 11R22.5 and from online calculations, I have around 3.73 rear gears. So, anything below 68 mph, you’re saying I should downshift to 9th to preserve the engine?

I usually shift out unloaded around 1500 rpm. And usually shift out around 1700 rpm loaded.

The industry I haul for, I’m either at 36k unloaded or 78k-80k loaded. Nothing in between.

On a different note, I used to work for a large oilfield service company. All of their trucks were 350hp Cummins. Don’t know which engine. But rear gears were like 4.63. We would drive down the highway at 63 mph turn 1800-1850 rpms. Pulling 90k. Only got like 3 mpg
replyreply
04-05-2021, (Subject: ecm tune egr dpf intact ) 
if you're driving for fuel mileage,you should be driving 60 mph.very few options with a 10 speed.horrible setup 13 speed only,and there's a difference between emissions trucks and what used to be on the road
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.