Diagnostic software
04-24-2021, (Subject: Diagnostic software ) 
RE: Diagnostic software
(04-24-2021 )learning by failing Wrote:  Unfortunately Cummins only would only help me a some of the time and I have read on here that the cheap eBay versions seem to work for people and that's why I asked about the cheap NexIQ. I also assume asking too many questions about getting software will get this thread shut down.

for cummuns only stuff... an Chineese knock-off Inine-6 adapter is just fine. They are as stable and reliable as the genuine ones.

As far as Nexiq goes... the Chineese knock-offs are complete garbage. You need to use a Genuine Nexiq that costs $700+ dollars only... and buy it from a local fleet-pride or from Nexiq themselves, as there are a lot of fake one's running around on internet.

-- As far as needing an Inline or a Nexiq... An inline will get you by if all you got is cummins stuffs. .. however if you have detroit, cat, etc.. as well.. you need a Nexiq instead... a genuine Nexiq, not a chineese knock-off.

invest in BOTH is what i recommend if your working on a verity of engines... that way you have a backup device if one or the other is not working for you. A chineeseium Inline-6 and a genuine Nexiq. - this is what I own and I get by just fine for everything.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Truckdriven
So my remaining question is where to get reliable software. Are there options other than paying several thousand per year for the OEM subscription?
replyreply
maybe a google search or 3 of the auto tuning sites?.

Should be aware that most of them are beyond horrible places to hang out though... a lot of deception and rip-off people out to take you money for virus-prone waRez. Is also the sources of the horrible delete programming that all these shops use too.

I stay far away from them, as they all hate my site and me for pointing out their horrible ecm programming garbage and because I help others for free. Goes against their ripp-off narratives.

Personally, I don't blame anyone who owns their own equipment for trying to find alternatives to the rip-off stealersHi#ts and their severely over-priced subscription-based softwares. My personal opinion is that the stuff should come free with the engine/vehicle upon purchase in exchange for the headaches these emissions systems cause everyone and the severely under-trained certified-OEM gaggle of facilities who mostly do nothing but rip ppl off ... but that is just me.

- however, this site is about helping others with their trucks .. not how to trade/pirate softwares ... There is no glory in that and all the good info on here about helping people, advice, and assistance with repairs to their equipment, is not worth getting switched off or shut down simply because someone is looking for softwares that are already on other websites.

Let those other sites who pirate that stuffs take that risk and fight those battles... it does not belong here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(04-24-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Personally, I don't blame anyone who owns their own equipment for trying to find alternatives to the rip-off stealersHi#ts and their severely over-priced subscription-based softwares. My personal opinion is that the stuff should come free with the engine/vehicle upon purchase in exchange for the headaches these emissions systems cause everyone and the severely under-trained certified-OEM gaggle of facilities who mostly do nothing but rip ppl off ... but that is just me.

I believe you said it better than I could have. Having worked for an AG equipment dealership previously I have experience with OEM software and now I just can't stand having to pay a dealer $100 just to get them to plug a computer in and change some settings when I know I could easily do that myself if I had access to the right tools/software. For example I currently have a 2000 Mack that needs the PTO high idle rpm adjusted because we swapped the 8LL to a 13 speed which has a different PTO gearing speed thus needing the rpm setting changed and the dealer wants $100 right off to plug in.

I just ordered a NexiQ from the popular website (synonymous with fuelnotebook) and they offer free V-MAC III software and general fault code software so that will solve my problem for now and I'll see how far that will get me.

Thanks to all who shared there experience and knowledge on this subject it is very valuable to me as a young man trying to learn!
replyreply
(04-23-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  The Cummins is easy, Inline reader or a real NexIQ with Insite and C*Term software. Some of us have Diamond Logic for the international, but the PACCAR stuff, no clue where you would get that, or the, Volvo or Cat... This is a question best asked of Mr Hagg or Rawze, you might want to pm one of them and see what they say, I know software discussions like this can sometimes get a thread shut down. And they are valid questions, don't get me wrong. Just letting you know software discussions can get tricky here... So please do not get offended if the thread is shut down. The answers are here, you may just have to get them via PM. Personally, I would PM Mr Hagg
i always enjoy your answers,thanks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-12-2021, (Subject: Diagnostic software ) 
(04-23-2021 )Truckdriven Wrote:  I am a mechanic for a very mixed Fleet operation...

well, I was sent a program for a CM2250 engine today for review. Sure enough,... it is another typical rip-off bad delete file. Here is the details....

.pdf  20210512-Review Worksheet esn79502726d.pdf (Size: 50.21 KB / Downloads: 124)

Summary:

* This program lacks any necessary corrections to engine operating mode control logic. Many of these modes deal specifically with exhaust device (DOC/DPF/SCR element) heating, and they are all still active. With no editing of the engine mode control logic, the engine will continue to enter one or more of these operating modes resulting in the engine creating extra heat in the exhaust all the time by way of over-working the turbocharger and cylinders in attempts to warm up an emissions system that is no longer present. This is harmful to both the engine and the turbo, causing higher than normal friction all the time, significantly shortening engine life. It should be noted that this mistake/oversight is one of the most common (and most damaging) mistakes that is seen in bad delete programming.

* The actual engine power and torque are set considerably higher than what will show when connecting to the engine with the Insite or other diagnostic software. Although it is withing the engines ratings, It will deceptively show 450HP and 1650-ft.lbs … however the actual engine power/torque is set at 540HP / 1960-trq. Some of this power is derived by someone editing the flywheel torque settings, and some comes form editing injector quantity settings to fool the ecm into placing more fuel into the cylinders in an uncontrolled manner. This clearly shows a lack of someone altering power levels properly.

* The injector quantity vs. power has been edited deceptively. This leads to the ecm placing more fuel into the cylinders that it can account for. The result is loss of proper cylinder balancing, the ecm will lie and report higher fuel mileage numbers into the dash of the vehicle that are higher than actual. It also adds power/torque that the ecm cannot account for. This is one of the worst possible ways to edit the engine combustion cycle towards power, torque or other gains and is completely unnecessary, as there are proper methods that can be used.

* Engine restart limiters are still in place. This could potentially lead to a shutdown and prevention of engine re-starts without any warning. Considering there are also several codes blocked for the EGR system, this could lead someone towards incorrect diagnosis, and to believe the ecm has failed if it ever does this.

* Many of the engine Derate limiters are still in place. This can lead to unknown power/torque losses, and is likely the reason someone deceptively edited injector quantity vs. fuel. It shows a lack of understanding of these systems and how to properly switch them off.

* No proper removal of auxiliary Emissions has been done. This leads to inconsistencies in engine operation and power levels. Amonia and Nox gas combustion clamping is still in place for all engine operating modes. With the emissions systems removed, the engine will try to control these directly by altering the combustion cycle heavily... leading to unpredictable power/torque, and other issues.

* The injection timing has been edited incorrectly for the missing egr gas and is not at very harmful levels. It is in excess of 8+ degrees too far advanced in the active engine modes and will lead to high internal cylinder lateral friction, eventual liner fretting (on wet-liner engines such as the ISX, ISC), and eventual head gasket failure. It can also result in the engine suffering a sudden failure due to a cracked piston or failed wrist pin.

* The turbocharger has NOT been re-programmed for proper fuel-air mix with consideration to the missing egr gas. This will lead to the engine running too lean all the time and a shortened engine life will result.

- Overall, this program is moderately harmful to the engine and its turbocharger. This could lead to the engine unpredictably jumping engine modes and causing things like unstable conditions, power losses, silent ghost derates, possibly an over-spooling VGT turbo, inefficient combustion, excess exhaust heat produced and a shortened engine life due to incorrect injection timing, and improper fuel-air-mix. Combine all this together and this program is a recipe for disaster.

-- Welcome to the bad delete club.

replyreply
05-13-2021, (Subject: Diagnostic software ) 
Found out a couple months ago my Local Peterbilt dealer offers Davie and ESA licensing for free for fleets. You might want to check with your dealers to see if they offers something, as i believe it is all through Paccar.

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JimT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.