Fuel rail pressure code
05-01-2021, (Subject: Fuel rail pressure code ) 
Fuel rail pressure code
I have a cummins isx 2350 de- mandated I get a fuel rail pressure code everytime weather drops to 50° or below and engine shuts off. Engine will start again and turn off again. It only does it in cold weather once the weather warms up truck runs good no problem at all engine light turns off.any idea what it might be?
replyreply
RE: Fuel rail pressure code
Even bigger problem is that most all delete programming severely shortens engine life by about 75%. that should be a far bigger concern above the fact that your having other issues.

bad delete programming is an out of control plague in the trucking industry. Assume the programming is bad, first and foremost, and have the programming checked properly / reviewed.

NEXT Questions are ...

- who, when, where was the de-mandate done?

- What mechanical modifications were done? ... Still have the factory turbo?... Still have the Factory EGR cooler and other hardware on it? ... any block plates used, and where are they installed? .. and Are ALL 3 of the exhaust cans hollow or were they lazy idiots and told you the SCR can did not need hollowing out like a bunch of complete morons?

It costs absolutely nothing to get it reviewed and checked to ensure it is not the typical harmful garbage seen on a daily basis around here. Just e-mail a copy of the file from your engine. A cheap inline-6 adapter from china and a laptop is all u need to pull the file out of it yourself. you own a red cry-baby... your first investment when you got the truck should have been an inline adapter and insite, so that you can keep it away from the stealers$its every time you get a check engine light.

START by assuming your programming is bad. Get it reviewed/checked to ensure it is not eating the guts out of your engine.

-- It sounds to me so far like your education has just begun.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: Fuel rail pressure code
(05-01-2021 )Fred Wrote:  ...
I get a fuel rail pressure code everytime weather drops to 50° or below and engine shuts off. Engine will start again and turn off again. It only does it in cold weather once the weather warms up truck runs good no problem at all engine light turns off.any idea what it might be?

this may or may not be related to the de-mandate or its programming. It could be bad programming .. but it also can be from a failing fuel pump or fuel system.

- When is the last time the barrels and plungers (all the guts) were replaced in the fuel pump? ... when is the last time it was pulled apart and inspected, including pulling out the barrels and inspecting the cam at the bottom?

- Also, Will the engine pass a rail leak-down test?
video: https://odysee.com/@rawze:d/isx-injector...e-cm2250:e

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.