VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
06-09-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
RE: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS
Just replaced the engine brake parts on top of the engine and still the same issues with the engine brake. It works just around 5-7 psi...mechanics don't understand what the problem is. They said there's nothing else they can do.

Before I got the engine brake not holding above 7-8 psi i had a check engine light with VGT turbo actuator not communicating with ECM and when the check engine light was ON the engine brake work only work around 6-7-8 psi. After it was off it worked fine. Now I have replaced the VGT ACTUATOR and engine brake parts in the engine and still doesn't work.

Anything else I can do??

Thanks.

User's Signature: 2010 Freightliner Cascadia 10spd ISX 871 450HP
replyreply
06-09-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
make an appointment with Mr. Hag at his shop?.

At least you will be close to Yiyto's if you do need a turbo.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BlueTurbo
06-10-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
(06-09-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  make an appointment with Mr. Hag at his shop?.

At least you will be close to Yiyto's if you do need a turbo.

It is so strange that it seems that the engine brake won't work as if the check engine light is on, even though is not, but it acts like that...(That's how it was before I replaced the actuator - check engine ON -> no more engine brake at full power; check engine light OFF -> engine brake at full power)

Maybe is something in the ecm software that won't let it work at full potential?? Is that possible like the actuator calibration worked but did not reset the code somehow and that's why the engine brake won't work at full power?

Just asking...

User's Signature: 2010 Freightliner Cascadia 10spd ISX 871 450HP
replyreply
06-10-2021, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
Like rawze said make an appointment so we are not over booked and we can relocate the terminal resistor. We just finished one and that is what we end up doing. Something in the harness going to def controller is acting up or rubbing or what ever. So we found the terminal resister and relocated it up to engine side. Worked perfect from then on.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BlueTurbo , JimT , DSTdriver , Rawze , Techmech
02-20-2024, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
(06-10-2021 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Like rawze said make an appointment so we are not over booked and we can relocate the terminal resistor. We just finished one and that is what we end up doing. Something in the harness going to def controller is acting up or rubbing or what ever. So we found the terminal resister and relocated it up to engine side. Worked perfect from then on.

I know this is an old thread to restart, but just curious if you ever posted pictures of that terminal resistor fix?
replyreply
02-21-2024, (Subject: VGT TURBO ACTUATOR INSTALL FAILS ) 
(02-20-2024 )ptech Wrote:  ...
I know this is an old thread to restart, but just curious if you ever posted pictures of that terminal resistor fix?

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid77086

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Techmech

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.