Isx cm870 intermittent full throttle
05-29-2021, (Subject: Isx cm870 intermittent full throttle ) 
Isx cm870 intermittent full throttle
I have an 04 isx cm870. Over the last few months the truck occasionally will rev to full throttle on its own. Sometimes it will do it when the truck is idling other times while I’m driving. It will rev to full throttle for a few seconds then the red stop engine light will come on. After another few seconds if I tap the pedal the light will go out and it goes back to normal. At first when it happened the check engine light would come on and throw a 431 idle validation code. Now the check engine light never comes on and it still happens at least once a day. It seems to happen when the truck is at a higher temperature and since we’re getting into warmer weather it’s been a more consistent issue. I have replaced the tps sensor and also did resistance checks on the wiring from the pedal to the ecm and cleaned all the plugs. I had it plugged in and the tech told me the tps sensor was good, I’ve also ordered a ecm but have not received it yet to try it. It’s definitely been stressing me out driving it with my foot hovering over the clutch all day just waiting for it to go full throttle! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
replyreply
RE: Isx cm870 intermittent full throttle
Is there a delete on this truck? Make, model and mileage?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
No delete, 04 kenworth t800, 131,000 miles 7200hrs
replyreply
I'd check out the metering actuators?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Witt11
it is common for a metering actuator starting to stick will cause that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Witt11
Thank you, that’s where I will go next.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.