Another dumb question
06-18-2021, (Subject: Another dumb question ) 
RE: Another dumb question
Well I did everything I was supposed to and it’s still leaking on the same connection on the bottom of the condenser I posted a pic of it.. so I’m frustrated and don’t what else to do..I can try a different o ring but other than that idk

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Do you think by any chance the flange could have a minuscule split which opens when torqued? Could’ve maybe been from over tightening at some point or another.
replyreply
I’ll take a closer look at it tomorrow..I hope I don’t have to buy that line I think it costs about 200 bucks
replyreply
It looks like it's mis installed. The plate looks cocked. Almost like the line isn't seated all the way in the condenser. Are you using the correct thickness o-ring? Is there something obstructing the line from going in further (a burr or bend?)
Is the condenser molded wrong as to not except the line properly. You'll find this occasionally on cheap aftermarket stuff and very rarely but sometimes OEM stuff too.
Also, I don't see a flat washer under the nut. I believe there should be a washer under there to assist with more surface area of down force on the plate.
replyreply
Also.... why in the h#ell is that damn radiator soooo damn dirty?... that thing needs cleaning really, really badly!.

could also be that the line is not the correct size for the condenser unit?... maybe an aftermarket garbage CAC condenser with slightly bigger mate fitting? ... or perhaps an updated OEM one and the pipe is is too small and a mis-match?. - Also is there any stress on the pipe or the mount?... and screws that when installed that pull one or more corners of the unit down a bit?.... not sitting flush on its own, getting it under stress?

- There are many reasons that it could be leaking there... and not always the fault of the unit itself or its installed o-ring. And with the radiator behind it that messed up and clogged, etc... i am thinking this truck is seriously neglected and tortured too. no-way it should be that dirty. Problems may be the whole front structure itself, its mounts... possibly that the radiator that behind it can't breathe, maybe even simply severe overheating on the condenser due to sh$it air-flow,.. etc.etc.etc.

and WHERE IS THE LOWER RETAINING BRACE AND RUBBER MOUNT(S) FOR THE CONDENSER ITSELF???... it looks like its missing to me. That could be the whole problem too.... thing is hanging by the damn piping alone and under stress.

just some thoughts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.