Cummins isx
06-28-2021, (Subject: Cummins isx ) 
Cummins isx
my truck has 30psi boost and sometimes it'll be a powerhouse and jump to almost 40psi..and just started shutting off when stopped at light or stopsign etc.. It starts up and as long as your going over 1k rpm it'll run fine. Also the water temp fluctuates driving highway speeds all the way to 210 fan cones on goes down to 195 190 then repeats it's killing the mpg any suggestions? That's the 3 things I have going on.. I replaced the thermostat. Water temp sensor behind tstat.fuel rail.pressure sensor imap sensor crankcase filter fuel filter I'm lost at what else to do..
replyreply
06-28-2021, (Subject: Cummins isx ) 
RE: Cummins isx
What truck? What engine? 570,870,871,2250,2350,2350x15? Emissions intact or demandated? If demandated then by who?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , PuroCumminsPower
06-29-2021, (Subject: Cummins isx ) 
(06-28-2021 )smorgan87 Wrote:  What truck? What engine? 570,870,871,2250,2350,2350x15? Emissions intact or demandated? If demandated then by who?

Not demandated 2015 international lonestar
The engine is a 2014 model ECEXH0912XA
That's the engine family [/php]

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
1: Do you have insite software and a datelink?
2: has that high psi fuel pump been replaced or rebuilt in the past 300k-400k miles?
3: if yes to 1 id run a cutout test and rail psi test. Then id drain my oil thru a fine strainer and see what comes out.
4: if everything checks out from 3 id pull the actuator off the turbo and check the movement of the vg as well as compressor wheel play.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: PuroCumminsPower
(06-29-2021 )Bandit2122 Wrote:  Not demandated 2015 international lonestar

register your engine on quickserve.cummins.com ... and you will get all info and diagrams, part#'s repair manuals, etc.. for free.

./uploads/202106/post_2_1624995633_3c23e487c7d8c37684ce52c769d68025.jpg

your next move is to get a laptop and an inlne-6 adapter off e-bay for a few hundred bucks... cut that umbilical cord from those OEM shops who do noting but rip you off every time the CEL light comes on.

and like others have already said... GET THAT FUEL PUMP REBUILT IF IT HAS MORE THAN 400K MILES OF RUN TIME ON IT!!!... THEY WILL GRENADE THAT ENGINE WITHOUT ANY WARNING WHEN THEY GO BAD!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I have a handheld with the adapter to get codes and delete them and do regens. I don't have insite. I am getting that fuel pump replaced when I get home. I may take it to rawze friend Haggai I know they're backed up atm.
replyreply
Goin to Haggai, prolly the best thing u could do.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Volvo8873 , PuroCumminsPower
06-30-2021, (Subject: Cummins isx ) 
(06-29-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(06-29-2021 )Bandit2122 Wrote:  Not demandated 2015 international lonestar

register your engine on quickserve.cummins.com ... and you will get all info and diagrams, part#'s repair manuals, etc.. for free.

your next move is to get a laptop and an inlne-6 adapter off e-bay for a few hundred bucks... cut that umbilical cord from those OEM shops who do noting but rip you off every time the CEL light comes on.

and like others have already said... GET THAT FUEL PUMP REBUILT IF IT HAS MORE THAN 400K MILES OF RUN TIME ON IT!!!... THEY WILL GRENADE THAT ENGINE WITHOUT ANY WARNING WHEN THEY GO BAD!

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
06-30-2021, (Subject: Cummins isx ) 
You are either starving the pump, the pump is shot or u may have a regulator problem. Id start with checking for air on the suction side of your pump(s) and making sure both your filters are clean. If no air and clean Id drain the oil thru a fine strainer and see if any fragmentation falls out. If it does then i feel for ya cause that would indicate the pump is shelling off metal and your engine is trashed. If the oil is clean then id thank God for your good luck, rebuild that pump and replace the regulators. Rawze and Haggai may have better advice. But definitely start with air bubbles and filters. Those davco canisters can sometimes be real finicky about sealing up and let air in around the orings so make sure the orings are seated and lubricated and the nut is tight.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.