Refrigerator and microwave
12-01-2016, (Subject: Refrigerator and microwave ) 
RE: Refrigerator and microwave
I felt my experiences in this subject may be helpful and I hope someone can take something useful from this.
I had a 2006 kw t800 four battery truck nothing special in that truck as far as an apu or bunk heater. I used a few different setups trial and error so to say. I personally have used the 40 qt iceless coolers with good results however keep in mind they cool based on the ambient temperature in the summer months it can be a challenge to keep them cool if you level the truck shut off while doing whatever. Also the newer coolers use computer fans that tend to go bad it's a good idea to keep one or two as a spare. The 12 volt bag coolers work much better if you mount a computer fan on the inside of the bag on the heat sink the one I had would ice up rather than cool the inside the fan cured the icing problem. I eventually went to walmart and bought the largest office refrigerator they had with some custom rearranging of the cabnits I made it fit now I'm sure not everyone wants to go that far but if you do I highly suggest you run an extension cord to the outside of the truck like an after block heater cord when you park for the weekend you can turn the inverter off and use the house power if your able it worked very well for me of course I park at home. I also used a 1000w microwave with the fridge and ran everything off of a 1500 watt inverter with no problems. I used that setup for two years sold the truck to a relative he still uses it today. Another note I don't idle at night and never once had to jump the truck while on the road.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
RE: Refrigerator and microwave - Johnboy - 12-01-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.