DPF cleaning
12-05-2016, (Subject: DPF cleaning ) 
RE: DPF cleaning
(12-05-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  Take the dpf and doc to get cleaned and baked professionaly. Mine cost about $270 for both with gaskets and 1 day turn around. I have a 2011 cm2250. 90,000 miles and still good. Probably clean it again next 100,000. Don't pressure wash it like the people on you tube you will have prkoblems down the road trying to save a couple hundred dollars.

About the doc. They do not bake them.

They only blow all the soot/ash out of it.

Its basically just like a catalytic converter...

I have a long blow gun I made out of piping and smashed the one end flat with a hammer creates lota air flow.

I had docs cleaned from Kenworth in "their" machine that blows them out and my blow gun actually does a far better job because I make damn sure I got all of it not just through the middle but along the sides...

They still can not give me a decent answer on how and when a doc is bad except if its cracked but I still dont agree with that answer ESPECIALLY when im looking for answers on HOURS not how long a doc will last mileage wise....

Obviously they must get washed out eventually and they do not do their job, just like you can only force Regen a dpf/bake a dpf so many times before its just a used up nasty honey comb that lost its effectiveness regardless on how much syrup and honey you use
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DPF cleaning - bigbluebinder - 12-05-2016,
RE: DPF cleaning - Rawze - 12-05-2016,
RE: DPF cleaning - joed2323 - 12-05-2016
RE: DPF cleaning - Rawze - 12-06-2016,
RE: DPF cleaning - EricB - 12-10-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.