Cummins recon long block or in frame?
01-14-2017, (Subject: Cummins recon long block or in frame? ) 
RE: Cummins recon long block or in frame?
I priced out both when it was time to in frame my CM-871... I got more bang for the buck going in frame. As Cummins jacked the pricing on their CM-871 recons to $36,000!

We went through and replaced everything other than the CAC, fan clutch and the air compressor, which we put a new head kit on. Went through the transmission, new clutch. All new seals, oil coolers, power steering pump, all new fuel system, all new pulleys in the front of the motor, new OEM radiator, new AC System components, new OEM Cummins head, NEW injectors, I mean we went through all of it and replaced EVERYTHING except those few items up top.

Total cost with included warranty was $39,000. $29,000 in parts, $10,000 labor. Truck was down for a bit, but it was worth it. And yes, the mandate was removed prior to the in frame.

A recon with install would have been much more, quite a few thousand more when you include everything else that was done. In my case, the in frame was the way to go.

If you are putting this in a shop, interview as many as you can. I did, and wound up at my local International dealer. They did a fantastic job in my eyes, only one mechanic was allowed to work on it, the one that knows what he is doing and has been there for years. The warranty was just the icing on the cake. Already used it to replace a slobbering turbo.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: joesherrie12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cummins recon long block or in frame? - Waterloo - 01-14-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.