ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar
01-25-2017, (Subject: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar ) 
RE: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar
(01-25-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  Still have the issue here, bob tail too. Had it in a good trailer shop, he said it was my tractor. Funny thing, when I pull one of our Canadian trailers, I forget the manufacturer, no light, ever. When I pull an Extra Lease Great Dane, the ABS light is intermittent. I have no clue and just live with it. Does not seem to be a fix. And yes, I have had the pigtail tested a few times at different shops and International run their Diamond Logic, nothing. Pigtail test always comes back good and is not that old, and I keep the plug greased. It is a straight pigtail, if that matters, not one of the coiled ones and is ran in parallel with my rubber hosed airlines with that plastic wrap piece holding them all together. There is plenty of slack... New spring holder on back of cab too. No clue what is going on... No codes in the truck or with the ABS Controller...

Fleet we are leased onto will make you change your pigtail before they will approve any ABS trailer repairs based on lights in the dash. We started keeping a brand new spare in our truck just for that reason a long time ago. -- We learned a few things about it...

Try a brand new cheap one. Moisture gets in your pigtail and they almost always check good with tester, etc. and you will swear it is not the problem. -- Replace it,.. viola,.. problem solved.

Until you put a brand new one on there for testing, you cannot rule it out as your problem. Those prostars can't handle moisture in the pigtail for some reason.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: axe , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: ABS Trailer Brake Idiot Light... 2008 ProStar - Rawze - 01-25-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.