Transmission Time..
02-08-2017, (Subject: Transmission Time.. ) 
RE: Transmission Time..
Coolant intrusion into the transmission...hmmm, seems I know somethin 'bout this one. Oh yeah, the material the synchro is made from in the hi/low range splitter absorbs that shi#t and self destructs...where was it I heard that from again?
Oh yeah, the fuckin KA-BOOM under my floor!
I loathe liquid cooled trannies. I hope wasn't unclear about this.
Air cool that bitch with a good quality 75W90 synthetic, and change it at 200k miles max pulling over 120,000lbs gross and your tranny will outlast any liquid cooled POS when that cooler fails. You did note I said when, not IF right?
Oh, and don't talk to Eaton about it, they'll tell you for your engine/tranny torque rating if it's not liquid cooled, it will run too hot and you'll void your blah blah blah.
If your concerned about it, get a small hydraulic oil cooler with a thermostatically controlled 12V fan on it...I doubt it will ever cut in.

If you're pulling weight, you won't get the life from an easy-pedal clutch that a freight hauler will. The easy-pedal is much kinder to your leg if you are in a lot of traffic, but for Matt who pulls grain B-trains in WC, it's just an option. You don't slip your clutch much doing your type of work. Bed and winch truck guys love the grip/engagement and easy adjustment of Lipe's, but their left legs take a royal @$$ kicking slipping them all day. What you do, clutch wise, is not much different from what I do. I will be putting a Lipe in when I drop my tranny & flywheel to do my flywheel housing. IMHO an easy-pedal lets us slip our clutches more, and too often, overworking and destroying the center discs around the springs. Take Uni's word, for serious trucks he goes with the Lipe's. It's not just power that makes a truck "serious", it can also be the GVW the powertrain is subjected to.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Matt

Messages In This Thread
Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-07-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Unilevers - 02-07-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Hammerhead - 02-08-2017
RE: Transmission Time.. - Unilevers - 02-08-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-08-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-09-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-09-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.