Transmission Time..
02-08-2017, (Subject: Transmission Time.. ) 
RE: Transmission Time..
(02-08-2017 )Roysbigtoys Wrote:  Not hijack this thread....... but my truck also experienced coolant in the trany oil from the stupid cooler. I was noticing a sporadic shudder/vibration under acceleration. While checking my truck out I noticed a milky substance coming from the top of transmission.......un-screwed the fill plug and it came shooting out. The trany was warm, so I drained it and flushed. ( I checked with Roadranger.....they recommend flushing with Dexron atf.) I probably put at least 2-3 thousand miles on the truck before i figured out my problem. My vibration did go away.
Anyone have any idea what kind of damage might have been done to my trany? Do I drive it till it fails?
The truck pulls a lowboy and end dump with for my excavating company. The truck rarely goes more than 45 minutes in one direction.....should I put an air cooler back it or run without a cooler?

honestly the truth is hard to accept.

if coolant got into your tranny its done. i dont care if you drove it for 20 miles its still done. by the time you notice the damage is already there. it will fail in the very near future and there is not much that can be done about this. i had this argument with a local guy here and 2 weeks later he was getting a tranny aswell. the coolant takes the oil film off the gears and you get metal on metal and it soaks into the rear box synchro and destroys it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Roysbigtoys

Messages In This Thread
Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-07-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Unilevers - 02-07-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Unilevers - 02-08-2017
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-08-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-09-2017,
RE: Transmission Time.. - Matt - 02-09-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.