Adding a manual fan switch??
02-15-2017, (Subject: Adding a manual fan switch?? ) 
RE: Adding a manual fan switch??
(02-15-2017 )JMBT Wrote:  Thank you all for the info. That's what I was afraid of. I sure don't need any more reasons to throw fault codes.
mmssvv, if the part number isn't too hard for you to find, I would appreciate it, but if it's a pain in the ass, no worries, i'm sure i can find something.
I have heard if I can find the corresponding pin on the Volvo OEM harness at the ECM, I can switch it through the ECM. Then enable manual fan mode with insite and get no codes, but I cannot find a pinout diagram for the Volvo OEM to Cummins ECM connector. If any of you know where to find that please let me know. If not I will end up going with the second solenoid idea.
Magard, I like that idea too.
Easiest way to add manual switch. Check the VECU under dash. If green connector has pin on PA19 just connect it to the FAN MANUAL switch. If no wire coming out from PA19 cavity you have to buy terminal P/N for the Volvo terminal 3948725 to install at the location PA 19 of the big green connector on the VECU, also no parameter need to be change to run the manual fan option
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Kiroisx

Messages In This Thread
RE: Adding a manual fan switch?? - snailexpress - 02-15-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.