DUCK WING ANTENNA
03-19-2016, (Subject: DUCK WING ANTENNA ) 
RE: DUCK WING ANTENNA
I think Rawze had good reason to dissuade you from the duck wing antenna...as much as I love the durability and stealth of it.
When I worked for the DOT, ahem, as a Senior Electronic Technician in the Traffic Control Device Dept in Nebraska 2004 I would regularly have to replace the Inductive Loop Traffic Detector Cards on Traffic Light Controllers and Traffic Counters due to lightning striking in the electro-magnetic field of the inductive loop(a piece of 14awg wire wound 3x around in a circle)
The traffic light goes into a default setting of Yellow Flashing or Red Flashing like

I suspect when you key up the mic on your Duck Wing system you will generate a similar magnetic field that will attract lightning more than a steel rod in the dirt! Lightning storms don"t happen every day, so your duck wings should be safe most of the time.

aaaaaand, I know this question is coming...LOL...traffic light changing strobes are highly illegal and many are tied in with the traffic light cameras that will record the vehicles at the intersection during an emergency vehicle strobe event.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
DUCK WING ANTENNA - 1096 - 03-19-2016,
RE: DUCK WING ANTENNA - Rawze - 03-19-2016,
RE: DUCK WING ANTENNA - 1096 - 03-19-2016,
RE: DUCK WING ANTENNA - yamajason - 03-19-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.