Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX
04-01-2017, (Subject: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX ) 
RE: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX
I have seen lots of guys buy used trucks and do very well with them. You just have to do it "smartly" and investigate well what condition the engine and truck are in during the purchase. This would include pulling engine cover and inspecting cams, drive train, suspension, ensuring it is geared and spec'd for your intentions, etc, and not just looking at the paint job and interior.

Either case, spending the bulk of your doe just to get into a truck is not often a good business decision. Hang onto your money so that you can deal with all the unexpected shortcomings. Keep your monthly payments low so your not in a pickle, having to run like a bat out of hell just to keep up. The rule of thumb I tell others is that if you can't make your business model work on an average of about 1800 - 2200 miles a week and slowing down a tiny bit (say driving 63 mph) , then your going to be working very hard just to make it work. - Most people struggle badly and many fail when outside of that zone, especially on their first truck purchase. Don't start a foot race by shooting yourself in the big toe the day before the race. Don't run your first marathon against all the seasoned veterans who know how to pace themselves expecting to do better. It simply is not going to happen. The wheel of success has already been invented, stop trying to invent your own. Instead, follow those as closely as possible the ones who are the most successful. Once you are where they are, and are just as successful, that is when you can apply your own ideas and can have breathing room to get creative.

Rawze Wrote:I equate that way of thinking to someone trying to get from A to B as fast as they can, -- pushing their truck as hard as it will go along the muddy road. They are trying with all their might to get somewhere, spinning tires and not getting very far, frustrated as all hell, driving all day in that mud, it holding them back and slowing them down. ---- All while getting mad and ignoring everyone around them trying to help them, calling them fools who can't possibly understand their situation. - They simply refuse to look around and see that the road they are driving on is in fact the ditch along side the freeway.

Don't get caught up in this life-cycle I see over and over....
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...18#pid6718

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Waterloo , in2trux , axe , Sledge , gatow900

Messages In This Thread
RE: Buying older ISX truck for cash vs "fleet maintained" newer ISX - Rawze - 04-01-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.