Truck Heading to the Shop
04-10-2017, (Subject: Truck Heading to the Shop ) 
Truck Heading to the Shop
Taking the truck to Mr. Hagg's later this week to correct some things I was not able to correct at home. In addition to what I know needs t be done, what else should we be looking at?

2014 KW T660
516K miles
ISX15 CM2350 (ISX15 450ST)
Was a team truck, bought in 2016 May used for household goods, limited OTR miles running 1/2 to 2/3 GVW. Rarely gross 80k lbs

Issues began at the start of the year, has been in and out of shops since. Found this website, studied the issues and corrected many at home. Shops did some work first, and I did some after spending way too much time and money and still having issues. Found many issues with the shop work.

Fixed so far
- Fuel pump campaign (ceramic plungers issue) (Shop under warranty)
- Aftertreatment system repair of aftertreatment wiring harness (shop)
- Overhead adjustment (shop)
- Aftertreatment system DEF doser injector (shop)
- Aftertreatment system DPF (Shop) (Sept 2015 new installed)
- Turbo and aftertreatment diesel injector (shop) (March 2016, Cummins reman turbo and new VGT actuator. New updated diesel aftreatment injector)
- EGR Tune Up with sensor & small diameter pipe replacement (Self)
- NOX outlet sensor (Self)

Known outstanding issues
- TSB notification from Cummins on a conflict between the engine and aftertreatment calibration files (after 1st shop updated the calibration) (Can post details of the TSB)
- Fault code for regen too often
- Usually 5 regens in under 40 hrs of engine operation
- Regens last for about 20 mins (incomplete regen)
- Intake throttle actuator fails self calibration intermittently at engine start; becomming more frequent and unit has become noisy during operation; Ongoing issue since purchase of truck
- EGR cooler down pipe is leaking small amounts of coolant at block junction seal externally
- Ghost fault code. According to Cummins the fault code does not apply to my ESN

Need to check
- Verify fuel pump warranty work
- Verify overhead setting was done right
- Verify/correct calibration files

The EGR tune up went smoothly, seemed that the ERG plumbing was in better shape than expected. Deposits were evenly coated and no signs of leaking coolant or oil. MPG after last shop went way down. After EGR tune Up, went way up.

- Before issues started 6.5 MPG all day 55 mph or 75 mph
- After shops 5.7 MPG
- After EGR Tune Up, over 7.1 MPG, not usually over 70 mph

Opinions and suggestions on what else we should look at?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

Messages In This Thread
Truck Heading to the Shop - lovoltage - 04-10-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.