Who can tune this thing right?!
06-29-2017, (Subject: Who can tune this thing right?! ) 
RE: Who can tune this thing right?!
(06-29-2017 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(06-29-2017 )un_yun Wrote:  I am pulling the head this weekend, I have the ever so common oil leaks at the head, also last week I noticed it was loading up the manifold with oil. the flange gasket was wet and I could smell burning oil. I had a lot of idle time last week. I figure valve seals are leaking. I have seen it said many times to get a new head, but cummins said they don't offer new any longer. I have a good machine shop, I kinda think I'm better off to build my own head. One question though. I had the deregulation done by a well known member. it's set at 575 or 565 should I time the cams according to stock cpl# or should I do something different?

Stock cam timing. If you intend to alter cam timing, you should be an advanced tuning programmer as every calculation will then be "off" in the ECM and you would need to now which corrections to make, and how to make them.
so stock injectors too then? I just didn't know since this wasn't stock programing if I should change anything while I'm in there. I've got no complaints, just want to do what's best for my bread and butter.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who can tune this thing right?! - un_yun - 06-29-2017
RE: Who can tune this thing right?! - Unilevers - 06-29-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.