5th Wheel Question
08-04-2017, (Subject: 5th Wheel Question ) 
RE: 5th Wheel Question
(08-04-2017 )Billdozer2 Wrote:  
(08-04-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  5th wheel is fairly easy to re-build with a proper kit. That being said, i do have reservations on re-building certain things on my truck for liability reasons. the 5th wheel being one of them. Here is a reference...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid10314

Thanks Rawze. I've been researching online about my 5th wheel and it seems really easy to rebuild mine. There are several videos from Fontaine on youtube. But I feel the same way. It's really something I don't want to mess with. I got 5 years and 500k on mine. When did you replace yours?

I replaced mine when it ran out of adjustment. it had about 750k miles or so on it I think. We also do a lot of drop-hook.

Mine is a Holland. I did spend the money on an official Holland 5th wheel king pin test kit so that I could keep it adjusted properly. If memory serves me right,.. There should be no more than 3/8" play from the pin to the top plate connection with the test pin on any brand of 5th wheel. Any more than 3/8" and its against D.O.T.

BTW: I still have the old top plate AND the re-man kit for it. It is a Holland (I think it is an FWS2) . I got the re-man kit because I was going to re-man it, but then decided not to. The top plate is still in really good shape. I have had recent thoughts about sending it to the local scrap yard if no one wants it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5th Wheel Question - Rawze - 08-04-2017,
RE: 5th Wheel Question - Rawze - 08-04-2017
RE: 5th Wheel Question - Rawze - 08-04-2017,
RE: 5th Wheel Question - Nilao - 08-04-2017,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.