Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
10-16-2017, (Subject: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? ) 
RE: Wait...my CAC is how much?!?
Well, finally stopped raining long enough yesterday to install the New OEM CAC in the ProStar. All said and done, I think it was around a 2.5 hour job in total. Defiantly need two people to remove and set new unit. But, it dropped right in, had to do a bit of persuasion with a pry bar and some light tapping with a rubber mallet. Just a nudge here, a tweak there and just a few taps here in there with the mallet, nothing violent in the least. In fact, the CAC lined up nearly spot on, maybe 1/16" or 1/32" off in regards to lining up the holes. Like I said, just some light tweaking. And you do receive a box of new bolts with the CAC to secure it to the truck body. They sent two extra. And yes, I counted the holes and bolts... LOL! One thing, I didn't have any at my location and needed to get this thing installed, was anti-seize. I would recommend using that on the bolts that hold the CAC in. I will try to get some and reinstall those bolts, that I do need to do in case we ever need to remove.

One thing, I used my Milwaukee battery powered ratchet, that was a life saver once I had the bolts started, it was getting dark fast. I did the driver side first as far as installing the bolts. I set them by hand and left lose. I then went to the passenger side, where I had to tweak to get the front side bolt holes lined up to the truck body. Took a few taps and a nudge with the pry bar and I was able to line everything up. Put all of the bolts in, then went around with the battery ratchet and tightened. Re-installed the coolant jug, top plate and then the AC Condenser.

Pretty straight forward removal and install.

Just watch the hood, I took out my transmission cooler when I allowed the hood to fall to far. Watch those torque bars at the nose of the hood. One went right through my tranny cooler. Not the first time I have had the hood down like this, but I was using a shorter garbage can to rest it on. Divorce sucks in this regard, I miss my garbage can!

Oh, there was a $200 corp deposit on the CAC, need to take that back too. Just so you know, best to remove your old one prior to picking up the new one. It comes in this HUGE box, you could fit 6 of these CACs in the shipping box. Great if you have a pickup, I was using a Honda Accord. So, when you see the shipping box, don't freak out. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Wait...my CAC is how much?!? - Waterloo - 10-16-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.