Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene
11-02-2017, (Subject: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene ) 
RE: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene
(11-02-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  It sounds like either your getting combustion gases into the fuel system (injector issue) or you have a check valve or other pressure relief problem that is overheating the fuel.

that is what it sounds like any ways.

what kind of enigne? milesd? - some hostory? -- is it de-mandated? if so by who?

To answer the first question from earlier today about the fuel filter microns: The water separator is 140 micron and the bigger filter is rated at 15 micron. The engine is a ISX 400ST, I also call this a ISX15. It has 837000 miles. It has not been de-mandated. Still has factory settings. When the truck went to Kenworth I discussed the pressure relief valve that regulates the fuel rail pressure with the mechanic and he agreed that could be the issue but he wasn’t sure. I ordered the part and replaced it myself. Since they had no idea what was wrong and was just wanting to start throwing parts at it I figured that if anyone was going to throw parts it would be me. I keep the tanks as full as possible so that I will have more cooling capacity. I run the truck loaded very early in the morning so that the outside temp is as cool as possible. I drive to the mill where the truck runs a pneumatic blower for approximately 2 hours of unload time. As I unload the fuel gets hotter and hotter because the engine fan can’t get enough air through the fuel cooler that I installed. After truck is empty and I start heading back home I get fuel filter restriction code and truck then derates. If the weather is cooler I can stop after a couple of hours and fuel tanks will be cooled down and check engine light shuts off an truck will run normal again. If outside temp is below 60 I never get engine light. If you think that a bad injector is causing this issue I have no problem running injector test. Just wanted to hear your feelings on the problem before I spend the $206 for the test tool. Always appreciate thoughts from the Cummins Master to help with this problem. Thanks again.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there any credibility to this? Asphaltene - Batman68 - 11-02-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.