Advise on truck and engine purchase
04-12-2016, (Subject: Advise on truck and engine purchase ) 
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase
Prostar are cheaper because a lot of them have maxforce engines (terrible engine,.. not worth 2 cents). they are a failed experiment and dealers cant give those POS trucks away.

Prostars with cummins is not bad. most have the 871 in them but everyone hated it as they were known to be nothing but soot/dpf problems. From factory they would bankrupt a owner-op. i read somewhere that the 871 is the sootiest engine out there and people get rid of them at 400-500k because that is when the soot eats the cam and everything else up.

Get one and have the "Mandate" stripped off it and eventually an inframe, then you got something that will make you some serious $$$ instead. if it has a lot of miles on engine then you gonna eventually be putting money in it to get it back right, there is no getting around it because no one takes care of them until it is too late. Seems to be the norm for people who own them and like them anyways, unless they get lucky and find one that had a bypass filter on it from new.

I dont think no one mentioned this but prostar is also not a tough truck. they are made for open roads and highway only and not for backroads or oil field use. They are easy to tear up and they dont like going fast above 63 or so because the road beats them to death. I think most of the other brand of new trucks comming out are this way too though, so just keep that in mind.

stuff just not made like it used to be is all.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Advise on truck and engine purchase - Cuya - 04-12-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.