I'm stumped....any thoughts?
01-20-2018, (Subject: I'm stumped....any thoughts? ) 
RE: I'm stumped....any thoughts?
(01-20-2018 )Beaver Wrote:  Its got 556k. Yes did all of the dpf cleaning and nox sensor checks. Replaced oulet nox and doser injector.
Oil pressure is just over 35psi at 1500rpm.
Rawze, is Mr Hag up here in the Northwest? Contact info? I just want to fix it and run right. I'm a carhauler so we already get terrible mpg and I can't afford to stay down in the 4.8mpg range forever. Plus, it would be nice to learn more about my motor.
Thanks again gentlemen!!

Basically the post I referenced above concluded the following...

- Replacing the EGR pressure sensor would be first.

After that ...

- Pulling the turbo off, then the EGR cooler off, and then all the EGR piping + the EGr valve. Cleaning out everything like new again + de-sooting the EGr cooler, egr valve, and all other components. Then re-installing everything.

It may be possible to clean out the EGR cooler (preventing the removal of the turbo) while it is still on the truck but I think it would not be easy. The other components would still have to be pulled and cleaned though. Any chink(s) of carbon that got missed in the EGR cooler though might later go through the turbocharger causing its destruction, so it would be a risky move to do it that way.

-- I.E.> -- The whole "turbo cough" problem they have is a congestive failure of excess soot deposits that can only be solved by pulling everything apart and cleaning it out properly.

Doing this yourself is a PITA but only costs you the down-time to get it done. Paying someone else to do this would likely cost you almost as much as getting as decent de-mandate and being done with the soot-monster for good.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55

Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm stumped....any thoughts? - Rawze - 01-20-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.