Hillbilly delete
05-07-2016, (Subject: Hillbilly delete ) 
RE: Hillbilly delete
I hate to see this situation you are caught in. That truck is canadidate for a future truck fire. When that thing goes up in flames I hope you can get out in time and save yourself.

Too many of these trucks catch fire from proper maintenance not being performed or being butchered.

You advise some engine parts are removed from around the motor. I hope the EGR cooler has not been removed and a block off device is preventing the last piston at the rear of the block from getting coolant.

The rear cylinder sleeve and piston and the head gasket and the head itself can warp and degrade because of uneven cooling the last piston.

The turbo is acting erratically? Does it have the VGT turbo still on it? Or has it been swapped out for a big horn turbo?

You may have more problems than just a mechanically hillbilly rigged set up. You could possibly have a bad delete tuning in the ECM also.

You need to first start watching the Rawze videos on YouTube to learn about the EGR tune ups, the sensors and cleaning the soot out of the motor.

The placing the EGR cooler back on the motor if you can; a Cummins EGR cooler and not an aftermarket EGR cooler. They are not as efficient.

you need to work on getting a laptop and Insight and learning how to read the data that your engine is performing. Or get some one from this forum to help you by hooking up to your ECM and looking at all the parameters that are being screwed over and out of control. Take a pulse figuratively speaking, of what the turbo, exhaust back pressure and temperature are and etc etc

With you being the company driver you may be in over your head because the owner may not let you fix the engine or tune the ECM.

Good luck
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillbilly delete - biscuits and gravy - 05-07-2016
RE: Hillbilly delete - Rawze - 05-07-2016,
RE: Hillbilly delete - in2trux - 05-07-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.