Hillbilly delete
05-07-2016, (Subject: Hillbilly delete ) 
RE: Hillbilly delete
Why don't you ask your boss to join you for a round of Russian Roulette?

There are just so many things wrong with everything you described. Sounds like the damage is already done and the next trip down the road may be the last.

As far as "most owners are ignorant to the real world", I'm going to assume that means truck owners that don't drive and just hire a driver. Great way to go broke.

When that engine blows up they're going to be pointing the finger at you! It's always the drivers fault!

After 38 years in this racket there's not allot I haven't seen and my experience is most company drivers are ignorant to what actually goes on under the hood and are clueless as to the costs of keeping a truck on the road. I'm also a well compensated company driver and husband and wife owner/ operators with our own authority. Most everyone here is an owner/operator.

Someone that knows what they're doing needs to pop that lid and see what's going on with the Jakes, in the mean time, using it could be the death nail.

EGR cooler needs to be functioning ALWAYS! 70% of the coolant flow goes through it.

Turbo needs to be inspected ASAP! Seals are probably cooked already. Sucking oil through the CAC = Runaway engine! And you're on grades with a heavy load counting on a Jake thats ready to let loose?

With a not operational after treatment system you might as well pour concrete down the stack, I cringe thinking what kind of exhaust temperatures that engine is seeing pulling heavy equipment. Back pressure must be sky high! No wonder it's blowing white smoke! Does it have a Pyrometer?

I don't care how well you're compensated. You put that in gear and go down the road YOU are driving a time bomb!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hillbilly delete - Rawze - 05-07-2016,
RE: Hillbilly delete - in2trux - 05-07-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.