Air flow vs. rad shroud
08-25-2018, (Subject: Air flow vs. rad shroud ) 
RE: Air flow vs. rad shroud
Alright, FINE!!!
The village idiot has relented from his hair brained scheme of pulling the flat portion of my shroud.:too_sad:

This ^^^ may have been a contributing factor:huh:
Jeesh, I can't keep CAC's in this damn truck! I've had this truck since new, 12/09. The first CAC lasted 3 years, and since then it's been every 2 goddam years! Almost like clockwork.

===

I also replaced my thermostat and seal, it was not scraping metal on metal like the last one I changed was, but I had it open to inspect and I had new parts, so in they went.

===

Due to my, IMHO piss poor shroud design, and my belief that the full dimensions of the rad are not being utilized, I also put one of these in...

I am thinking/hoping that the 2-speed hub will help draw airflow through the "stagnent flow" portion of the rad...

I know, I know. You never make more than one change at a time or you don't truly know which change caused which or how much of the result.
Crap was apart to change the retardly large CAC in this truck, and that made access to these other items easier. Yes, that means I'm a fat lazy bastard, and I'm ok with that. It leaves more time to drink beer and post my results here, so too bad!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Brock , ZeroNthedark , imalumberjack

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air flow vs. rad shroud - Hammerhead - 08-25-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.