that time of year
05-08-2016, (Subject: that time of year ) 
RE: that time of year
(05-08-2016 )DrivingZiggy Wrote:  Funny you should mention this. I had noticed that mine wasn't blowing as cold as it should have. So i planned to take it somewhere and get it "refilled." But then just after delivering the other day, I noticed a smell when I was leaving the customer. Then I saw smoke coming out the back and then could hear a hiss. I immediately pulled over and popped open the hood. All of the freon and lube was blowing out of the back of the compressor. Dang!

But then I remembered you guys. Ordered a new compressor off of Amazon, a manifold set, couple of cans of R134A which come with the can piercer, looked at a YouTube vid and I will do it myself. Yup. Laaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwd a mercy! I hope you guys are rooting for me.

You will need a new condenser too if you have metal in the system. Along with the dryer, expansion valve, etc... Best to flush the system after the old condenser and compressor is removed. Wash out all of the lines with the proper cleaner/flush. You should also replace the high pressure switch up front by the CAC on the AC line. That is more than likely your culprit not reading the temp/pressure properly. That is what we tracked it down to when my compressor made a routine of blowing itself apart like yours. Also inspect that high pressure line that runs up towards the CAC/radiator. That line is known to fail due to its positioning under the hood on some models. If it is suspect, replace it.

Also, do not forget to replace your cab air filters, there are usually two, one at the front and one in the sleeper. If they are paper, they really need to be changed at every oil change.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: that time of year - Vin - 05-07-2016,
RE: that time of year - Waterloo - 05-08-2016
RE: that time of year - Vin - 05-08-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.