Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
09-02-2018, (Subject: Can anyone tell me if this is normal? ) 
RE: Can anyone tell me if this is normal?
(09-01-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  try to cut one cylinder at a time. You may have a injector issue causing a fuel knock or it could be a wrist pin issue....you should be able to isolate it by taking the strain off the cylinder by cutting it out. I'm not certain where the noise if coming from but you shouldn't also rule out a compressor knock or the gears in the front housing being the source of the knock either...

Thank you very much for your reply.

I read your reply last night and thought about it more today and I recalled the owner of the motor saying the guy he purchased it from said he had changed the injectors for some reason to get it to run, so you may be onto something, Im going to pull the injectors tomorrow and have them tested before I go any further with the bottom end, apparently he also swapped out the compressor and as far as the purchaser knows he just pulled the old one and stuck the new one on so I'm also going to check the timing of that.

As I said in the above post you guys and this site are the best help I've ever found thanks again.

Regards
Peter
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can anyone tell me if this is normal? - PeteMelb - 09-02-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.