17.5 tires on a stepdeck
09-15-2018, (Subject: 17.5 tires on a stepdeck ) 
RE: 17.5 tires on a stepdeck
i cant speak on the tire brands myself as but as with all spreads caps are a no go especially on the front axle. thats not to say we havent had to run them before to get home or something but its not something you wanna do often... as far as the tire size goes.. its just like all the others say its just too much of a pain unless you absolutely need it... i will say this back in my crushed car moving days i outfitted a few trailers to be able to handle the 75 to 90k lbs that we would load on them both step decks and flatbeds... now we had 2 step decks one had lp22.s on it and the other had those 17.5s and it was a spread too so that one rarely made a trip without blowing a tire... these trailers were both older all steel comp. trailers so what we did was we took and cutout above each tire and made humps and enclosed them with steel over the top of them and stuffed 11rs under it and it worked great for us since we could load that much more on it and still be legalish height wise... the only reson we had that trailer in the first place was it had been wrecked and was on its way to the scrap yard till we found it and saved it... however, if i was going out and looking for one to just move mostly standard step deck freight, i would not want to go thru all that trouble for just a couple inches... for me it would be something a little more practical 11 - 13 ft upper deck but i used to like moving alot of ltl as well...i would for sure pull one with those little tires if i was borrowing it and thats all i had... but if i were out and looking to buy one that def would not be it... just my thoughts brother
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains

Messages In This Thread
RE: 17.5 tires on a stepdeck - SIDE_SHOW - 09-15-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.