Need help with a CM870
09-26-2018, (Subject: Need help with a CM870 ) 
Need help with a CM870
Hello,

Heya guys, just found the forum and I'm very impressed with the info on here. I'd love to start contributing where I can.

We have a 3 truck fleet and are having some issues with our 2005 Volvo with a CM870 ST400 CPL 8520 with 336 rears. The truck has suffered from lack of power since we bought it a few months ago and recently started losing coolant. We think it was the EGR cooler leaking, so we just installed this EGR bypass kit: {**Content removed by protection bot** - suspected advertising.}. We also sent the injectors for testing and were told 3 of them had check valves leaking, which would explain the extremely black fuel in both tanks and stopped up fuel filters.

After installing the new injectors, cleaning the fuel tanks and installing the EGR plug kit, the truck isn't running as well as it was before, very weak and smoke coming out of the stacks.

We're wondering if the software needs to be adjusted now that the EGR is blocked off? Unplug the EGR valve? The truck is actually over the road currently in St Louis and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a shop in that area that could possibly help?

We have insite and I ordered inline 6 today and it should be here in a few days.

I PM'd MommaBurt and Unilevers but they haven't gotten back to me yet.

Thanks
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Need help with a CM870 - volman83 - 09-26-2018
RE: Need help with a CM870 - Unilevers - 09-26-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.