Companies closed their doors overnight.
04-29-2019, (Subject: Companies closed their doors overnight. ) 
RE: Companies closed their doors overnight.
Ya, that's all very true with certain signs all along the way. But it's so hard to tell what is a sign of a belly up company and what is a company riding out a hard time.

Some sure signs of a troubled company that I've seen is a pay check that bounces and fuel cards that are shut off without warning or replacement. These are slaps in the face that the company cannot put fuel in the trucks and keep the drivers fed. The 2 absolute things that have to happen to move freight.

A good way to steer clear and or be prepared for these times is FLEXIBILITY. In the freight you'll haul, places you'll go, trailers you'll pull, how long you'll be out on the road. Remember your a truck driver, not a trailer puller. Your mind set should be, I'll drive anywhere with almost anything for my price.

I've met way too many guys that flat out say they are steel haulers or reefer drivers or home every night drivers or certain radius drivers. Well, the more strict you are in what and where you'll go the more likely you'll be shocked and up sh1t creek for way to long when something slows down or runs up or just ceases to be. Flexibility will allow you brush yourself off of a sudden firing or company closing and grab the next opportunity or company that will pay your price. Trucking and moving freight is a career that works even in the thinnest of times, trucking companies and companies in general are come and go. Always be planning on what's next after the present job is done. Have at least a plan B ready and how your going to get home or to the plan B already prepared. Don't ever be that poor sap in Florida with no money and no way to get home. He clearly could've made some better choices in life.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companies closed their doors overnight. - Chamberpains - 04-29-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.