Companies closed their doors overnight.
04-29-2019, (Subject: Companies closed their doors overnight. ) 
RE: Companies closed their doors overnight.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/cdllife.com...loses/amp/

Here's the article I originally posted with a video link to see the actual interview.

I was wrong about the guy in Florida. It's backwards. He's stuck in austintown and can't get home to Florida. I think it's absolute crap that just because the lordstown plant closed, that they are out of business. There's no way in hell that plant supplied over 500 drivers steady work. It appears that the over 100 year old company was sold in 2017 to a bigger company. I'd say corporate greed ran that company into the toilet or just decided it was not profitable enough. Very sad to see.

Nilao, you are spot-on with what you said. These are better times in the trucking industry. It just so happens to maybe be a downturn from a very high point that we were at. It's still better now then it was 10 years ago. I'm doing fantastic for the last 2 years. in the meanwhile I've heard plenty of those "I won't do that" guys crying that they don't have work. I don't feel bad for them, not one damn bit. I'll keep scarfing up all the paying work I can get, while they sit around waiting for their cushy work to come back.

As Rawze preaches, how are you going to be competitive in a washed-out industry? A better question when it comes to freight rates might be, can I make this load profitable? Instead of that's just cheap and I won't pull it.

Know what your numbers are. and know how to run a calculator effectively and efficiently. Hell, go back to school and take a simple math course if you are not good at it.

Load price - operational costs + next load price - operational costs = continuing profit or loss... Repeated

I can make a fancy little algebraic equation with letters and brackets and squiggly lines that would be a lot more accurate but I think that would make most guys eyeballs glaze over.

Point being is you have to look past just the load in front of you. Just because this one sucks doesn't mean the next one at your destination isn't going to make up for the bad load rate. Again, flexibility is key.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companies closed their doors overnight. - Chamberpains - 04-29-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.