Companies closed their doors overnight.
04-30-2019, (Subject: Companies closed their doors overnight. ) 
RE: Companies closed their doors overnight.
(04-29-2019 )Evotrucker Wrote:  so while i was waiting for my container to get dropped on the yard for me to deliver the load, i called a random broker. He had a load from stl to around cleveland, oh for $3.25. My jaw dropped and he begged me to take the load, it was under 35k weight and same day delivery app.... we talked for 15 minutes and he told me drivers are asking for 4$-5$ a mile. well damn.... lol i mean some ppls heads are wayyy wayy way up in the clouds. i would have taken the load with out a problem but dont have my authority yet.

an acquaintance told me not to get my own authority, freight is to cheap and not abundant.... after doing my own research..... some ppl should just be company drivers and not business owners... a lot of people are winging it in this industry. Then again i know dozens of drivers who are absolutely KILLING IT!.

LOL! $3.25 out of STL and these clowns want more? That is sad, and good money, especially heading up towards Cleveland.

The Authority? I have been kicking around the idea of turning it back on, but then I look at all of the headaches associated, I will pass... Right now, I think I found a decent carrier to lease on with, they have my juices flowing...

They have an account with Amazon, which they have had for 11 months, and only have two drivers that want to run this stuff. I saw both of their settlement sheets and was kind of floored. Amazon is supposed to be cheap freight? That is not what I saw, well above going market rates for a dry van and steady eddie. These guys were just banging it week after week. I have a buddy that is a company driver, he pulls this exact same freight out of the same DC, so I know something about this account, those settlements sealed the deal.

This is perfect for me, the Amazon DC is 16 miles from the house, I won't even count that as dead head. The loads are rarely over 10,000 lbs and the trailers are new. Routes are overnight, out and back, and very fast turns according to my friend, just drop, hook, go. Everything is done on a phone ap. No human contact in most cases, in and out. Routes are assigned two weeks out, so you have a schedule, no surprises.

Add up all the above and I can do pretty good here, without beating up the truck and or killing myself.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companies closed their doors overnight. - Waterloo - 04-30-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.