Remolded Tires "NOT Retread"
05-26-2019, (Subject: Remolded Tires "NOT Retread" ) 
RE: Remolded Tires "NOT Retread"
(05-26-2019 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  When the tread on my tires get down to about 25% I sell them and buy a new set. I buy online and do my own tire changing.

The lower the treads get on someone's drive tires, the higher the fuel mileage gains. - Replacing them before absolutely having to only costs fuel mileage losses. - I wait until mine are at 5/32 tread depth. I would go all the way to 3/32 depth, but I don't like em slipping in the rain and snow.

this post jumps out at me as "maybe saving a few bucks on the re-sale, only to waste loose thousands of $$$ in fuel mileage" by changing tires before they are absolutely due?. A person always needs to consider that this sort of tactic would possibly cost far more in fuel mileage loss than they are saving by re-selling the tires early. Even the most efficient low-rr tires will have a difference of 0.7 - 0.8 mpg difference from old to new, perhaps even more if loaded heavy all the time.

just something to consider anyways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , Volvo8873

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remolded Tires "NOT Retread" - Rawze - 05-26-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.