AC issue... Compressor on its own schedule.
06-22-2016, (Subject: AC issue... Compressor on its own schedule. ) 
RE: AC issue... Compressor on its own schedule.
(06-21-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  
(06-21-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  Yes, evaporator, tired, been running since yesterday morning... Parts will be there in the morning, I'll be there. There was dye leaking out of the drain line, I'm going to start tearing into it tonight to lessen my bill... Just one week, is that to much to ask to not be in the shop or wrenching on this truck? I will never get anywhere but broke at this rate! Thank God I only have one! Imagine a fleet of this junk? OYE!

It never ends, that's why we sold the other truck. Between the two there was never any break from having to fix something!

Don't feel like you're the only one. Our truck is back in business (runs awesome, thanks Gearhead!) but two days later blew an air bag on the sleeper.
So much for my plans, drop everything, log more time at the parts counter. That in it's self would be a part time job.

BIG F'N shout out thank you to Peterbilt for changing the nipple from metal to plastic and compression fittings to push to connect!
1 1/8" nut, over torqued it with two fingers and snapped it off! Plastic CRAP! Poof! $70 up in smoke! Good thing I bought 2!
More time at the parts counter, set up and block the other side to replace the replacement! Good thing my time is free......

Don't feel bad, 1 year old Freightliner and my AC took a dump in bumper to bumper traffic two days ago and the only Ryder tech that can fix it is on vacation....
We're in the wrong business.

It is sad when you can walk into a variety of truck supply/parts houses and they all know you by name... I feel like Norm on Cheers. ;-)
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: AC issue... Compressor on its own schedule. - Waterloo - 06-22-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.