Midbed Ammonia Sensor
08-29-2019, (Subject: Midbed Ammonia Sensor ) 
RE: Midbed Ammonia Sensor
You should realize by now that you could very well be fighting that uphill battle that is simply due to age and wear on the engine and all its major systems, trying to keep those emissions sensors happy.

As these engines get older and older, there is not enough factory programming "wiggle room" that has enough slack in them to compensate for age and wear. This is especially true for the 2250's and 2350's.

>NOx sensors at the cost of several hundred dollars each (3 of them ) are only good for about 250k miles at a time before reading incorrectly and throwing everything off key, causing ghost errors.

> SCR can eventually gets face plugged with ash (500 - 700k miles typically), and needs replacing to the tune of $8,000+

> DOC and DPF eventually get old and loose their precious metals no matter what you do (400k miles or less typically) and need replacing to the tune of $6000+ or more for the pair.

> DPF Doser injector, and DEF Doser injector wear out or clog up about every 250-300k miles at a cost of several hundred dollars each.

> IMAP and other intake and EGR sensors clogs up 1 - 2 times a year for the cost of several hundreds of dollars.

> EGR Delta-P sensor and DPF Delta-P sensors start reading incorrectly as little as 100k miles sometimes at the cost of a couple hundred dollars each.

> EGR cooler eventually looses its ability to properly cool EGR gas into the intake and becomes inneficient. Turbo is always fighting this inefficiency, little problems whth whole system set in, this is typically after about 300 - 400k miles, but most of the time it does not get replaced or cleaned out until the engine gets 500+k miles because everyone blames every other system instead of the cooleritself.

> EGR valve wears out and gets leaky, starts sticking, need cleaning out every year, or replacing after about 300k miles to the tune of several hundreds of dollars.

> Cross tubing, feed tubing, and EGR circuits glog repeatedly, need regualr removal and clean-out every year just to slow down the repeating failures.

I did not even mention the exponentially expensive labor costs of all this if a person is dumb enough to take their truck to a stealershit for all these types of problems. Sad part is that msot people who own trucks DO run off th these ridiculously expensive incompetent OE certified places only to get half a repair and to get ripped off over and over all while they sit on that couch watching TV in that repair shops lounge, then spending 150+/hr or more while they get wallet-rapped!.

=============
The reality is that ...

I.E.> At some point in the engine's life, all the maint. in the world will only make it last a few more months ... a few more miles .. before it complains in an endless cycle that becomes more and more difficult to satisfy without replacing expensive components over and over, and eventually giving in to either A legal custom program that is more lenient than factory to help keep the system from complaining so much, a de-mandate all together, or re-building major components, not including the engine itself at some point just to keep it in compliance. <-- take your pick.

If something I owned started to become unreliable for any reason, I would not be driving it. That is no way to run a trucking business, and it is not profitable. Besides that, no one wants t do business with Mr. "unreliable-trucking.borke-down.com" and I don't blame them. <- something would have to give.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Midbed Ammonia Sensor - Rawze - 08-29-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.