5.9 no power but a story to go with it.
07-09-2016, (Subject: 5.9 no power but a story to go with it. ) 
RE: 5.9 no power but a story to go with it.
My question is does this truck have a smarty tune or one of the other infamous box tunes in it?
I have a 6.7 cummins 1 ton that I been trying to learn about custom tuning on and in my research, I have found that they are all basically the same crap.
Allot of the bad things that Rawze talks about in isx tuning is what I'm finding with the 5.9 and 6.7 engines.
I actually looked at a truck with a smarty tune that has a "boost fooler" that bypasses the map sensor in order to make the ecm think the turbo is not over boosting.
That same truck has the egr cooler and egr removed. Mind you, this is a display truck for a big name tuning company here in spokane and I won't mention their name.
The back pressure sensor is also unplugged as well as the throttle position sensor. When I asked why, he got very defensive by my questions. All I could think of was run like hell lol.
My suggestion would be if it has one of those tunes, get it off asap. Try running it stock if it's not to butchered and see where it's at afterwards.
In the meantime, my research continues for a tune that will compare to Rawze's where I won't have to butcher and beat it into submission.
That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 5.9 no power but a story to go with it. - dbl overdrive - 07-09-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.