Isx15 oil consumption
12-27-2019, (Subject: Isx15 oil consumption ) 
RE: Isx15 oil consumption
(12-26-2019 )KWtech Wrote:  Tomorrow I will Pressurize it at 22psi over night. I did not see any red coolant in the crankcase filter it was clear water.

Grasshopper,.. there is much learning to be had here ...

RED COOLANT almost always equates to "yellow-green-ish" slime in the crank case filter and bottom of oil filler cap. <- Looks to be about the right color to me, and there appears to be WAY TOO MUCH Of IT for it to be just simply condensation, unless you left the engine cover off in the rain or something, then did not drive it enough to burn off the moisture again.

With that much buildup,... YOU SHOULD TAKE AN OIL SAMPLE AS WELL, and send it to a lab for coolant intrusion analysis as a backup to your moisture claims, especially if it is that bad.

You can also put a pressure test gauge on the coolant system (using an extension hose to get it into the cab of truck) and drive it around the block to see if pressure builds rapidly when enigne brake comes on high, or when you get on it hard. - this is how Mr. hag does it and its a nice way to find if there are any liner issues. When a liner starts to let go,.. some trucks, it only builds pressure rapidly on high engine brake,.. and others will do it when under high torque load. - gotta test it both ways.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Chamberpains , Mattman , JMBT , JimT

Messages In This Thread
Isx15 oil consumption - KWtech - 12-26-2019,
RE: Isx15 oil consumption - Rawze - 12-27-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.