Coolant out exhaust?
12-30-2019, (Subject: Coolant out exhaust? ) 
RE: Coolant out exhaust?
(12-30-2019 )Jmayberry2011 Wrote:  
(12-30-2019 )Waterloo Wrote:  Yep, it sure can. Which motor do you have, miles too.

It’s a 2250 recent rebuild with less than 100,000 on it. New head from Cummins about 4months ago. The mechanic took the crossover tube off and ran the truck there’s so much pressure it shooting out the cap. That means it’s not the cooler right?

Sounds like the guy that did my first in frame did yours... Mine went 70,000 miles, actually less, when all coolant broke loose. I would bet they skipped the part in the Cummins Service Manual that instructs the mechanic to machine or cut the block ledges that the liners ride on.

I instructed the shop that did my first in frame to cut the block and set the liners are .014 of an inch in regards to protrusion. They lied to me and said they did, #5 liner fretted, or busted loose and damaged the head, coolant was shooting out of the bottle, hoses blowing off, etc. That is when Rawze called and said bring it down to his house and we will fix it correctly.

That is when we discovered they installed 2350 parts in my 871... That is when the fun began.

Who did the in frame?
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant out exhaust? - Waterloo - 12-30-2019

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.