Timing marks illegible
08-06-2020, (Subject: Timing marks illegible ) 
RE: Timing marks illegible
(08-06-2020 )eggtrucks Wrote:  How do i go about doing overhead when the timing marks arent visible any more? Cm 2350

any light grit sandpaper, like 320 grit. There's 5 markings: TDC, INSERT PIN, A, B, C.

A, B, and C are spaced equally 1/3 apart around the damper.

The markings are stamped into the damper using a number of little dots and can be hard to find at first. Once you sand away the paint and rust the dots will clearly jump out at you.

The following is based on my recent experience on my engine. It may not be the same for you engine, I don't know.

When barring my engine over I noticed that about half way between each letter (A,B,C) I would meet the greatest resistance. I'm assuming it's due to the pressure building up in the cylinder. With that in mind you can bar your motor over a few times, note the locations with the most resistance then start searching about half way between them for your marks.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , schISM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Timing marks illegible - JimT - 08-06-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.