Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer...
11-26-2020, (Subject: Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer... ) 
RE: Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer...
(11-26-2020 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(11-25-2020 )Magard Wrote:  
(11-25-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  brake drum out of round?
Brake drum. Have you removed a front tire recently. Does the wheel wobble when you put on the brakes

I put new drums on, but it was doing that prior too... I think I am going to have the tires inspected first, before doing anything. Thinking one may be out of round. The more I think about it the more sense that makes. I forgot I had the same symptoms when I first bought the truck, had a bad tire, doing the same thing. My memory is not worth spit. LOL

jack one side at a time up and lift the tire off the ground. rotate it by hand fast and watch the thing for out of round, uneven height as it spins, etc. ... also look at the rim indication stripe stamped into the rubber close to the rim to see if it is even distance all the way around, check to see if tire was mounted funny.

get a dial indicator and check king pin and bushing lash using a dial indicator by following the maintenance manual for that model axle.

-- Every time my truck starts doing this, the tires have 150k+ miles or more on them (at end of life) and it is always simply the tires wearing out. - Anything past 100k miles on a set of steers, you have done well with them.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steering Wheel feels like a Jackhammer... - Rawze - 11-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.